Grillin' on the Bay: June 7, 2008

backyardchef

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Is anyone cooking at Grillin' on the Bay? I know it's the same weekend as Yardley and the Big Apple Block Party.

I'm not involved this year, just curious if anyone is going to be there.

Grillin' On The Bay
New Yorks City's Original Barbecue Contest
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Open to the Public - Free Admission

St. Mark School
Corner of East 18th Street and Avenue Z
Brooklyn, New York

New England Barbecue Society
Sanctioned Grilling Contest

Chicken Breast, Fish, Pork and Chef's Choice

I commend the organizers for bouncing back after losing the venue for the KCBS event and putting the one day grilling contest back at the school yard.​

Unfortunately Matt we will be in Yardley, Pa. for BBQ on the Farm. If it was on a different date we would most certainly have signed up.

Double Dipping

At this point, I think our plan is to do both Yarley and Brooklyn. I really don't want to mss Brooklyn but I had previously comitted to Yardley.
We may go to Yardley and set up Friday night. Otherwise we have our usual late night rushing around bull**** to deal with.
Nancee

I am, just need to send in a check.

... we are cooking Yardley but I, too, am psyched for them getting the grilling back!

Brooklyn is a great event and I highly recommend anyone to go cook or judge it. Good Times!

I would have loved to do GotB, but I, too, committed to Yardley and there's no way I would try to do both. I've only ever gone to one contest where I arrived Saturday night, and I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than do that again. My hat's off to Nancee if she can do it.

Back