• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rock Lobster with Cilantro Lime Butter

mikegtp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A friend of mine dove for and caught a bunch of rock lobster in Florida a couple of months ago and froze them. I threw these on my Weber Performer and they came out GREAT. I took butter and melted in microwave and chopped up some fresh cilantro, squeezed in some lime juice ( i use lime juice in many things) stirred it around and then basted the tails in the beginning and half way through. Grilled over about 600 degrees for 7.5 minutes. Amazing! I actually got this recipe from the book "How To Grill" by Steve Raichlen, which in my opinion is a great book.

2414398640102849888S600x600Q85.jpg

I have never grilled lobster up to this point, but the 4 others i cooked this for thought they came out great.

I love lobster but have never tried to cook it myself... maybe soon :)

It was very easy, just split them top up, down the middle but not all the way through. didn't even have to flip them over while cooking. put them on bottom down on high heat for 6 - 10 minutes

Love me some lobster, still never tried Rock Lobter, good looking pron!!

well you just set the bar alot higher than I was going to go tomorrow with fajitas.....damnit man!!!!!! I have to step it up a notch!!! Awesome job!!!:thumb:

Spiny's are dang good eats, nice job on those bugs:thumb:, mouth watering here!!

Looks fantastic! I've not tried a spiny lobster... from the looks of yours I bet they are great! :-D:thumb:

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I wish you all could have tried it, I can wait to get more. But apparently, you can only dive for thouse during certain parts of the year, so i will have to wait

those look awesome. i have never cooked lobster before, how did you know when they were done?

well i followed the instructions in the "How To Grill" book and i looked for the shell to change color, flesh to turn white and look flaky and juicy...it worked!:clap2:

Back