• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoker Cleaning Today w/Pics

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok, it's been 2 years since I have done any kind of serious cleaning so I thought I would take a little time and pamper my three smokers - Boss Hog (my Chargriller Smokin' Pro), Miss Piggy and Porky (my 2 WSMs). The WSMs were crusty and the CG was rusty!

The Crusty WSMs. I had to be careful but I used a putty knife to get the crud off - no damage to my babies either...

DSCF5796.JPG
DSCF5790.JPG
DSCF5803.JPG

The finished WSMs. The charcoal/water access doors were in horrible shape so I wrapped them in HD foil so they will look presentable. I have been doing that for some time...

DSCF5811.JPG
DSCF5808.JPG

The Rusty CG. This guy was getting too bad to let go any longer. I had to something...

DSCF5794.JPG

Now, the finished product. I used high-heat grill paint for the side fire box, fired up some charcoal to clean the cast iron grate really good and used foil over that ugly wood that I plan to refinish at some point. Anyway, she ain't you hottie I met 6 years ago, but she still cleans up nice enough to be seen in public with her! :laugh:

DSCF5821.JPG
DSCF5816.JPG
DSCF5812.JPG

Good to see you taking care of the ol Char-Griller. That baby has made you some awesome meals over the years. :thumb:

When I cleaned my WSM, it leaked like a new one for a couple of smokes. It took 5 hours to cool down after the first "clean" smoke. The foiled doors is a great idea!

I just cleaned my OTG kettle for the first time in three years. Thing looked brand new again. But then this weekend we did ABT's, shrimp, pollack,haddock,salmon,chicken, sausage, and baby back ribs so she's right back to where she was three years ago. But WOW what a food weekend and a lot of smiling friends and family.

Thanks y'all! :-D Now, I'm gonna go grill some cheeseburgers and brat patties. No use letting them sit there just looking good! :biggrin1:

From here it just looks like you've added some bling to all of those hot babes! Every honey needs a sugar daddy Tony! :cool:

Pimpin! :yo:

Those look great Tony! I repainted my horizontal not long ago.. now you've motivated me to spruce up my drum...Thanks! :-D

nice job!
I'm giving my 'Grillers and the Fatgirl little love this weekend myself. Had to get new fire grates for the 'Grillers mine were shot. Forgot how much better they work before they get all warped and bent

Back