Wings for sale by the pound

Trakk

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Would you guys weigh-in :mrgreen: on the advantage of selling wings by the pound rather than the piece. There's a bbq place selling them that way and it's new to me. Most cases I buy have little variation in how many pieces I get out of 40lbs.

Convenient way to charge for bones... I hate when anything with bones (especially beef short ribs) are sold by the pound. As for wings though, the only reason I would see is if they are selling jumbo wings and don't want to scare folks away with a high per piece price.

I believe some Buffalo Wild Wings are doing it by the lb now. Ive personally seen huge variation in wing sizes in the stores. Now they sell a small-medium-large order (not sure the weights) so you could either end up with 15 wings or 20 wings in a large ordered depending on the weight of the wings.

I am sure it is a marketing trick to charge more per piece without it being directly noticeable to the consumer...

According to "Buffalo Wild Wings" Enter sale-by-weight. Although that might mean you get fewer wings counted out to you, but in the company's view, there's probably as much meat in the current five as in yesterday's six.

Last edited:
Convenient way to charge for bones... I hate when anything with bones (especially beef short ribs) are sold by the pound. As for wings though, the only reason I would see is if they are selling jumbo wings and don't want to scare folks away with a high per piece price.

This is my take on it too ^^^^^ :thumb:

If you're talking about raw wings, I've never seen them sold by the piece. I've only seen by the pound pricing.

Good input everyone! Thanks! Maybe people won't notice as easily when the price/lb changes as they do per piece?

The Amish markets always sell them by the pound.
I guess it's a good way to calculate your profit on a case of wings, I cook wings for fund raisers and always charge by quantity. Would be a pia for me to charge by the pound.

I am sure it is a marketing trick to charge more per piece without it being directly noticeable to the consumer...

According to "Buffalo Wild Wings" Enter sale-by-weight. Although that might mean you get fewer wings counted out to you, but in the company's view, there's probably as much meat in the current five as in yesterday's six.

This has to be the dumbest quote ever. If they didn't change wing size there is no way more meat will magically appear on the bone. They are gutless to day they are raising prices. Actually Wong prices are down from last year.

Back