Toronto Beef Cook (pRon Heavy) Part 2 - The Italian Texan

Button73

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here is Part 2 of our weekend Beef Cook. I always find myself wanting a Sandwich of some sort every time we have a BBQ. So Mr. L decides he's going to make us a Sandwich with an Italian influence in the afternoon while we are waiting for everything else to finish up on the smoker.

So this was our snack. This is The Italian Texan! :-D

rffy.jpg

dvez.jpg

Onions caramelized in Peroni Beer. We were constantly stirring these to make sure we got the sugars to come out and give us a rich smooth finish and great color.
7663.jpg

woce.jpg

Brocolli Rabe Rapini blanched and then mixed into a pot with a whole head of garlic and red chili pepper flakes that have been steeping on a low heat in Extra virgin olive oil. A little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
atc5.jpg

ta8i.jpg

Stone cracked Whole wheat Olive Oil Ciabatta Bun.
g033.jpg

uqvg.jpg

0uyi.jpg

Mr. L slicing up some Brisket for the Italian.
8fh6.jpg

w8gs.jpg

gau1.jpg

5 Slices of brisket on each sandwich.
2jwl.jpg

rre4.jpg

Caramelized onions on top of the brisket.
wlme.jpg

Rapini over the onions.
u1ku.jpg

kb90.jpg

uwe4.jpg

791u.jpg

cd7r.jpg

We cut the brisket slices thicker than we normally would serve on a wonder bread bun, this was done to ensure that the peppery goodness of the meat was balanced against the sweet richness of the caramelized onions.

The rapini in the chili pepper flakes and garlic had great texture, it wasn't soft and gave enough bite against the melt in your mouth brisket. The bun was phenomenal. It was crusty on the outside and was able to hold all the components of the sandwich together.

We didn't even put in on plates but ate right off the board. We used the ends of the sandwich to mop up the juices from the brisket that was on the cutting board after slicing.

That my friends is The Italian Texan - a very enjoyable sandwich!

Thanks for stopping by.

I'm not sure what felony the smoker committed that it's wearing handcuffs, but with that brisket I say credit for time served and early release --immediately.

Back