View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #58
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
Whoa...wait a minute here. Rich and I have been watching this thread and we finally have to speak up. First of all, why would you or a rep even say that you could or woud do that?! At any given contest, it is always up to the cook to disclose his/her box contents. We, as reps, hardly ever take control of the ceremonies anyway.

But my most serious inquiry here is what do you mean, "just ask a rep about a specific cook's turn-in?" When repping, we seldom have time to "check out" anyone's entry. We are WAY too busy with entering scores and making sure judges are being fair. To actually stop and check out a specific cook's turn in is usually when it is a DQ! We don't have time to check out the competition as a cooker! That's not why we're there. I am angry that you even suggested reps do that. Maybe some do, but it is totally bad form to even suggest ALL of us do that!

Rich and Bunny Tuttle
KCass BBQ Team established 1987
KCBS Contest Reps
CBJ Instructors
I may be wrong, but I didn't interpret Merl's post the way you did.. To me, It seems you both are actually in agreement as Merl appeared to just be stating that the current decision would technically allow it (although not make it right or not what he agrees with).
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote