Looking for some new snack ideas.

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I like to do a lot of late night snacking. Cookies and milk, chips, chips and salsa, jerky, but don't really care for sweets. I'm looking for some new snack ideas. What is your favorite thing to snack on?

Cheez-its and beer, chex mix and the kids always seem to be running low on goldfish. :confused:

Homemade smoked chex mix.You can make a ton and put in whatever you like.

I been popping a lot of REAL popcorn lately.NO NUKING HERE!!!!
The white popcorn kernels are more tender and have less husks.

Smoked Cajun crackers. Get the original wheat thins, coat lightly with olive oil, sprinkle on some of your favorite Cajun spice (preferably Chilis brand) a d smoke for 1 hr @275 Allow to cool and go to town. Got this idea from smokin don off pelletheads, and use it all the time

i try not to snack but if i do its usually veggies and hummus for a dip. fills you up purty quick.

Smoked Cajun crackers. Get the original wheat thins, coat lightly with olive oil, sprinkle on some of your favorite Cajun spice (preferably Chilis brand) a d smoke for 1 hr @275 Allow to cool and go to town. Got this idea from smokin don off pelletheads, and use it all the time

I'm gonna be all over this one!!

+1 to Home Made popcorn. I use coconut oil and yellow popcorn then add real butter, Parmesian cheese and spices. Lately I have been sprinkling Bovine Bold but have used any kind of bbq rub or seasoned salt.

Another +1 on popcorn, using a hot air popper not microwave. Add a little butter and some salt and you are all set to go.

I make these up from time to time I can't stay out of them so I only make 'em once in a while.

Firecrackers

1 Box Premium Multi-grain Crackers (or your favorite)
1 Package Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Dressing mix
1 Cup Canola Oil
1 1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper ( I also add 1/2 Tsp crushed pepper flakes)

Wisk all ingredeients together

Using a gallon container, layer the crackers vertically all around the container leaving a whole in the center. Pour the mixture over the crackers and close the top. Let stand for 10 minutes and rotate the container to make sure the mixture is evenly dispersed throughout the crackers. Keep rotating until the mixture is absorbed in the crackers.

Back