Porchetta...or how I taught Guerry everthing he knows

A loin is much larger than a tenderloin. Would you have to use two bellies? Don't think the one in this cook would have fit if you hadn't gone the tenderloin route from the looks of it. Or, can you get larger bellies?
Well, probably would have still butterflied it, maybe a little trimming. The gap underneat actually worked to my advantage, in my mind, it allowed the grease to escape. This was a lot less greasy than I would have expected. In looking at other folks versions, there was often a gap.

Love that! Beautiful work all the way around, from the cook to the pix to the narrative - thanks for putting that up!

Looks like crap. I can't believe I wasted my time looking at this thread! I just didn't realize who was posting, I guess. Sheesh! Keep that stuff over on your blog!

Yeah, I'm jealous...and hungry. I'd BobBrisket that in a heartbeat.

Fantastic cook Bob! +1 on the rotisserie wish for that roll of meat. Gonna have to try that one.

Well, probably would have still butterflied it, maybe a little trimming. The gap underneat actually worked to my advantage, in my mind, it allowed the grease to escape. This was a lot less greasy than I would have expected. In looking at other folks versions, there was often a gap.

Your avatar Is back!!!:thumb:

Bob, that looks fantastic, and yes I bet the aroma was a thing to behold. Too bad current technology can't encapsulate aroma (at least as far as food goes).

Back