Chile verde...not Q but very good.

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello BBQ and Grilling friends!!!!!
Today I did one of my favorite dishes trocitos de puerco en chile verde (pork meat in hot green sauce).

Start with a pot of pork boneless meat and boil with 1 tbs of onion powder and garlic powder. 1/4 onion and pinch of salt. It took about 1 hour to get to my desired tenderness.

While the pork is getting happy get 10 jalapenos, 4 tomatillos, 4 garlic cloves on the grill and get a nice char on them.

Get the chiles and other goodies and put them in the blender with a 1/4 onion and 1 tbs of salt. puree the stuff and add to the pot with 1/4 onion and bring to a boil.

then add your pork and bring to a boil again...let it simmer for 20 minutes and its ready to eat.

made some beans on the CI...added a 1/4 onion, jalapeno, and 1 tomatoe cook a little with a bit of oil..

add your beans and bring to a boil..

then smash them and bring to a boil again and remove.

Here it is plated and ready to eat. Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of your week.

Chili Verde is excellent with smoked pork. It is one of our favorite meals

Everything up here is smothered in chile verde and it is flat nasty but this looks really tasty! I'll have to give it a try!

I LOVE chile verde. LOVE IT.

It's my favorite thing to order at the couple of really good Authentic Mexican restaurants we frequent.

Never tried it at home yet. YET. Not sure if the rest of the family would enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks for posting this!
Great job!!! :clap:

The wife made chicken chile verde last night. She cheated and just Herdez green sauce. It's a decent sauce, but I think I'll have to try your recipe, That looks amazing.

Matt

Great lookin' chili.. I've been chompin at the bit to make chili verde but the stars haven't aligned. One question.. did you skin the tomatillos and peppers before you blended them or were they char & all?

Great lookin' chili.. I've been chompin at the bit to make chili verde but the stars haven't aligned. One question.. did you skin the tomatillos and peppers before you blended them or were they char & all?

Take the skin off the tomatillos.

Back