Remember to post or check out the Weber Kettle Appreciation Society Social Group-
Look for it under your User CP!

See ya there!

Seems to me I should post a picture here of the latest addition to the inventory:

img_0517.jpg

It takes up more space in the garage than the OTG did, but since I have a brand new OTG still in the box, I was able to send the old one off to a new home at a friend's house. Another gasser bites the dust as a result of this; can't be a bad thing... :biggrin:

Put the lid on my balcony edge, fell down 3 floors, bent it straight again and works like a charm.

So I suppose I should mention my babies because I haven't yet. I have two 22" kettles, a performer, a smokey joe and just off of craigslist a 2004 genesis silver b. One of these days I am going to head out into the backyard and take some picks for this thread and the weber appreciation society, but my yard is somewhat in transition right now and not very photogenic.

If anyone sees as 22.5 Kettle in the Philadelphia area at a good price let me know. I don't see too many up for sale around hear. Looking add my first kettle to my collection. Right now I have a gasser....UDS...and a Chargriller.

I like my weber. Grew up with em ever since i was a 5 years old. Had one from the late 60's early 70's that my dad had when he was married to me mom.

I saved this ol kettle from a one way trip to the dump. The paint is rough but the vents are all still on it and the leg holders are not rusted much. It will cook again.

unknown570.jpg

unknown572.jpg

I saved this ol kettle from a one way trip to the dump. The paint is rough but the vents are all still on it and the leg holders are not rusted much. It will cook again.

unknown570.jpg

unknown572.jpg

I don't know where you are (other than close by), but thank you for the public service. I would hate to see that land in the transfer station...

I picked up a new kettle in the box on CL for $60 a while ago and just opened up the box to find me a Corona Extra..... I was hoping for a black one. :icon_pissed

Oh well! I cooked some Ribeyes and ABTs on it and it was ok, so I guess I won't use it for UDS parts like the others.

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

Ribeyes1.JPG

My 18" kettle AKA #1 has been with me for 7 years it has crossed the Pacific twice, the continental US twice, survived Multiple Typhoons a tropical storm and a NorEaster. I love it so much that had I been smart enough to buy a 22" in the first place I doubt I would own my WSM. Also really love my lil Smokey Joe it's even more well traveled than big bro I just don't use it quite as much.

That WSM sits next to a pair of true Q warriors I hope in a few years I love it 1/2 as much as those 2 little grills if so I will have more than gotten my moneys worth out of it.

Jake

Last edited:
I finally got my herd of Weber's rounded up for a family picture on Labor Day 09...
Here they are...
IMG_3919.jpg

So I suppose I should mention my babies because I haven't yet. I have two 22" kettles, a performer, a smokey joe and just off of craigslist a 2004 genesis silver b. One of these days I am going to head out into the backyard and take some picks for this thread and the weber appreciation society, but my yard is somewhat in transition right now and not very photogenic.

Same stable as me. Two 22"s, a Performer, a Smokey Joe, and a WSM.

Red Kettle

Hey all, new guy here but long time fan of the Weber kettle. This is the kettle my dad taught me on when I was a kid and I'm still using it. Dad ain't with us anymore but this kettle keeps on keepin on. Over the years I've cleaned it up, replaced all the inside parts, made some handles, and painted the legs. It's an "L" model that he bought new in 1989. I love it and yes they do cook better than any other color!

DSC02185.jpg

Here's the vent:

DSC02184.jpg

Action shot from last night: ribeyes with Mikes Award Winning Rub over charcoal and hickory smoke chips.

DSC02167.jpg

Emeril said it best when he said, "BAM!"

DSC02176-2.jpg

Happy grillin this weekend my Weber peeps!

Nice steaks JT, and a good first pron post

I was advertising for a weber in any condition or any parts. A gent mailed me and said its dirty but sound, how's $20?. She was going to be a donor for a UDS build but was just too good. Date stamp O, 1992.
100_1689.jpg

and after some oven cleaner and a pressure wash.
100_1691.jpg

100_1690.jpg

Back