hot n fast brisket in a kettle

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i have a top and bottom for a WSM 22 that i converted into a kettle for high heat cooking at comps.
assuming i can keep the temp inside it down around 300-350(i haven't tried yet)do y'all have any thought on wether or not this would be suitable for a high heat brisket? or will it be just too darn close to the coals?
i definately don't want to GRILL a brisket, but maybe with a foil pan as a heat diffusor and a rack inside it to keep the brisket from braising???

Wow, that's a tough one. It just doesn't seem that you would have enough space between the coal bed and the meat, even with a foil pan and rack.
Honestly, I have no idea if it would work. Guess you could always experiment with a potato first before attemping a $20-plus brisket!
Do you have a regular Weber kettle to do an offset?

naw, i don't, but that would be an interesting cooker, a wsm top and bottom with a weber kettle firebox. hhhmmm.
i agree, i'd hate to fry a good brisket:mad2:, so was hoping someone may have tried it already that close to the heat. :doh: or :bow:

I smoke on a Weber kettle all the time, as it is the only thing I own, I use indirect by placing the coals on the outside of the charcoal ring. But, this is a 22.5 inch kettle and not a WSM top and bottom

I know this answer ticks off a lot of non believers, but I think its honest, and I can't resist. So here goes.
Get a drum. Problem solved.

Back