View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I'm with you on everything. I really like Weber, but I would have a hard time paying that. While the Amazon price is $950, I have seen these dip around $600-$700 range. Amazon's pricing can fluctuate a lot and occasionally drops 30% of so -- something in their algorithms. Also, check the local stores. Went shopping with my sister-in-law last year and picked up similar for around $700 (Canadian). Since you spend so much time up there, you definitely want a good grill. For that price, I think I'd be looking at a pellet grill instead. A Yoder 480 is not that much more and I'd be a lot happier with it and a Traeger at Costco is quite a bit cheaper. I think the pelletpooper would have the convenience of gas, if that's what you're looking for.
Weber has a new policy as of Jan 1 2012 that prices cannot dip below MAP, so you don't see the big swings or crazy low prices anymore. I personally would do the E-330 for $150 less. Same grill but black and it uses cast iron grates instead of stainless on the S-330.

Or a YS480 is a great option. I'm just breaking in my new YS640 this weekend!

Thanks from: --->