Contest Results Sam's Club National BBQ Tour National Championship Bentonville, AR

Many thanks to Jimmy on the Everglades team - hooked me up with some samples of the Everglades seasoning! Tried some yesterday and it was awesome! Thanks, Jimmy!:mrgreen:

Wow, look at all the 180's and near 180's!!
Congrats Justin,Ryan,Darrin,Bobby and Don and all the rest.
Go Iowa, and I don't mean just the Hawks...
Ed

We got 7th in Chicken, 20th in Brisket, 41st in Pork (ouch), 42nd Ribs (double ouch) for 32nd place overall. It was a great weekend. I new the pork was not very good but the ribs were pretty good not sure what happened there. Congrats to everyone that walked!

Smitty's Real Pit BBQ had a great time there, and looking forward to this tournament next year! This is only my 12th competition since I started cooking comps, no calls but had 12th place brisket and 33rd overall.

Congrats to all who walked!

I have a couple of good friends making the loooooong drive home.
They are outstanding cooks and used to being at or near the top.
I am sure it is really "quiet" in the truck right now :oops:

There is always next year.

TIM

Congrats to all. I always knew that our competition in the upper midwest was the best in the world! The results from the A.R. and Sam's Club Nationals solidify this for us. Great job to all, so proud that teams we compete against rocked it!

Eggspert BBQ
3 Lg BGE
Stoker
SuperFast Orange Thermapen

Congratulations to Lucky's Q and GGW IA on the big wins, and everyone else who had their name called/

What a great event! Troy does an outstanding job, Sam's people were great hosts, and I had a lot of fun. I was really happy with my cook but the judges just didn't seem to like southern flavors. We'll get 'em next year.

First I want to thank Everglades Foods for being a top notch sponsor. A huuuuuuuge Congrats Lucky's Q and GGW IA and everyone else who walked with MY Buddy Damon Wooly for a 4th Rib walk.

We are disappointed with sore asses as you all may have guessed and I have a lot of excuses but wont cry about them. Our crappy finish began with poor decisions I made and resulted in the worst cook of my BBQ experience.

SAMS? The contest was a great experience overall and Sams Club was an awesome host. I would recommend the experience to anyone. P.S. anyone from Iowa needs a Cracker Pit Bitch call

Congrats to everyone in the comp and espescially to all those Iowa Teams...thats just crazy.

Congratulations to Justin, Ryan, and everyone else that got calls. This was one of those weekends where nothing clicked and we were fighting the weather and meat all day. Everything took forever to cook and we just didn't turn in the best product. Bad time to do that. Capped off by the hotel having "lost" my reservation on Saturday night....Anyways, it was a great event and despite our results, we had a great time.

Congrats to all who walked! Who won the Tyson's wing challenge?

Congrats to those who made it to cook at this event.

A big congrats to Lucky's Q as well, way to go!

Ditto what Rub said! We had a good cook and I was satisfied with the samples we turned in and feel very fortunate to get a call in a very tough field! I happened to be sitting next to Lucky's Q at awards and so I hope some of that mojo rubbed off...got a competition this weekend. :wink:

BTW- I was tickled that Justin won it on a STRETCH!

That STRETCH is an extension of his hands...just sayin :thumb:

Back