View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
TIMMAY
is One Chatty Farker

Default Jalapeno popper grilled cheese with BACON (pron)!!

My wife is a true champion... She comes up with these ideas from Pinterest(GASP!!!), but she adds a little twist. First... Roast two, maybe three fairly large jalapenos on the smoker, peel the skin, slice one side and open them up completely flat. Cook up a few slices of bacon, as much as you think deserves to go in the sammie (results vary of course, she uses maybe two slices). Get the bread (more rustic the better, oatmeal grain in this case), colby jack slices (leave the processed American slices in the fridge for this one...), jalapenos, cream cheese, and bacon together. Smear the cream cheese on one slice, then stack the jalapeno, bacon, then sliced cheese. Butter both sides of the sammie before it goes in the pan. For a smokier finish, use the CI pan on the grill, or like any other grilled cheese, finish on the stove. I guess a panini press could work too. In this case personally I like the sammie a little "fluffy" and not pressed. Awesome food like this is the main fuel source for my trip to obesity. So good...

TIMMAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->