• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stupid Hot!

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I made a dozen ABTs today for an afternoon snack. Jalapeños, cream cheese, sharp cheddar, bacon and some Original St. Louis area Maul's BBQ sauce.

The wife ate one and complained, "These are stupid hot!" I forgot to mention that I sprinkled some Smokin' Guns Sweet Heat in the filling and on the bacon before the cook. (The less she knows, the better off I will be on this one.)

I thought they were "Warm," so I only ate five of them for now. Looking forward to later, maybe my dinner!

a3d23fb2d549e0754d1df61cc67c15e3_zpse053e10c.jpg

I like heat with flavor. Heat for heats sake just doesn't do it for me.
Maybe that was your evil plan all along.... use they sure do look good!!

So you didn't clean out the peppers that well? Is the Sweet Heat that hot?

No, cleaned out thoroughly, My wife just doesn't like too much bite. The Smokin' Guns Sweet Heat is smooth with a nice even fire, not even a real burn. I believe they have another flavor that is much hotter. I would like to try it some time.

Up here in Canada I find the heat level on the jalapenos I can find vary quite abit. A few years ago I cleaned a bunch of them and washed my hands in the normal way at the end of cleaning. Well don't you know that now I wash my hands during cleaning.....pulling out the pith and seeds with a spoon under cold running water. My fingers and especially joints burned for days from those jalapenos. I had never had them that hot before but now know better.

Never smoked stugged beauties like this but will be this summer forsure. Those look fine and then some.

Best tool for taking the heat out of your jalapenos is an apple corer. They work perfectly to get all of the white pith and seeds out while leaving the entire jalapeno whole. Core them out then put them in bowl of water, changing the water several times over about an hour. You won't have a random hot one. God I love the jalapenos, but they take some time to make and no time to mow down.

Back