Titch's Middle Eastern Rib Eye Steak

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Middle Eastern Rib Eye Steak
Influenced Flavours
Folks this was Kick butt.
I believe this Sauce would be a Killer with pork Ribs,please try it.
Reverse seared Rib Eye Steak,2 inch.
tad overcooked but damn nice.
Pictures should do the Talking .
Steak was rubbed with Powdered Sumac.
set for about 2 hours.
001Medium_zps110c6397.jpg

003Medium_zpse42fab63.jpg

005Medium_zpsd435fb58.jpg

Drank way to much of this, BUUUURRRP
006Medium_zps6e88d89a.jpg

007Medium_zps15528145.jpg

010Medium_zpsa3b0426e.jpg

011Medium_zpsea548d15.jpg

reduction is a cup of onion browned,2 cup of pomegranate juice, 2 cup of Beef stock. reduce to a half cup of everything.
009Medium_zpsd02fa807.jpg

008Medium_zps7cb865ec.jpg

014Medium_zps560b21e7.jpg

018Medium_zps41c8555b.jpg

019Medium_zps65f5c690.jpg

020Medium_zps47f6dfbf.jpg

022Medium_zps3400369e.jpg

024Medium_zpsa343f188.jpg

026Medium_zps323cd0ad.jpg

This gave us the wow factor, the taste could be used on most dishes, the Sumac blended so well with the sauce.
Hope you enjoy.

Nice one titch.
I like Sumac.
What was the sauce recipe?

Thank you,first Sumac taste, Nice.

sauce.
reduction is a cup of onion browned 2 Tbls of Butter
,2 cup of pomegranate juice, 2 cup of Beef stock. reduce to a half cup of everything.

The steak looks cooked to my own personal perfection. And while the sauce certainly looks good, I have to admit that i never sauce a steak unless it's dry as a desert. I gonna admit that I have never used sumac. Would that rub work well on it's own and without the sauce? BTW..did I mention that is one fine looking cook on that steak?

The steak looks cooked to my own personal perfection. And while the sauce certainly looks good, I have to admit that i never sauce a steak unless it's dry as a desert. I gonna admit that I have never used sumac. Would that rub work well on it's own and without the sauce? BTW..did I mention that is one fine looking cook on that steak?

That is my first steak with any sort of rub besides crusted or plain salt and pepper.
My first take of the steak before sauce was ,tasted a bit like plum ,maybe..?

That looks great. I have tried a Pomegranate sauce on pork tenderloin before and you are correct it is good. I never heard of Suamc will have to look that up, thanks.

What's not to luv?! And with great thickness and fantastic idea with the pommegranate juice! Cheers, Titch
1186.gif

Awesome Titch! The only sumac I had heard of before was poison sumac. Not a good plant to fall into, and you definitely don't want to be breathing anywhere near where it's burning...

Agree, poison sumac is bad stuff, like poison ivy or oak.

Will have to look for the spice variety...the steak looks great, sauce too!

Thanks! Looks awesome.
I had never heard of Sumac (except the poisonous stuff) either, but will definitely be giving it a run. The wheels are really turning now.
Here is what Penzy's has to say about their product:
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times New Roman, sans-serif]Sumac[/FONT]
Cherry red sumac is used extensively throughout the Middle East, especially in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, either plain or mixed with thyme leaves and sesame seeds (Zatar) as a tabletop condiment. Before the arrival of lemons in Europe, the ancient Romans used sumac for its sour flavor. In the Mediterranean region today, sumac is used as a tabletop condiment or added during cooking to lend a pleasant, fruity sourness and soft cherry color to sauces, poultry, fish, and Turkish salads. The flavor is on the order of lemon juice or vinegar but milder and less acidic. Because of the moistness of the fresh, whole sumac berries, a small amount of salt is added during processing to facilitate grinding. From Syria. Contains Sumac and Salt.

Thanks Titch! :thumb:

Last edited:
I'll admit I too was a bit leery of the poison sumac, but I may have to get my hands on some now. Sounds like something that could be really useful in a poultry rub. The steak looks great btw Titch! :thumb:

looks taaaaasssssttttttyyyyy! :grin: I've used sumac before but never on a steak - yours looks phenomenal.

I'd eat that off the floor Titch.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Back