Best Rib Rack so Far

itschris

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a month or so since I've been online (busy with a major remodel at home) but I got back to smokin finally. I found this new (at least I've never seen it before) Weber rib rack.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-3601-Rib-Rack/dp/B00004U9VC

I have been searching and searching for one that really works well that I can grab off a shelf and I finally think my search is over. This one works really really well. It support the whole rack, is low on the grate and doesn't have stupid hinges and slide in or clip on kinda nonsense. At $15, it's a no brainer.

I've got two of them... They work great for pork (can fit in 4 slabs) and not bad for beef (you can only do two slabs at a time because the meat is to close together)...

Also, if you use them for beef ribs (dino bones) do them up-side-down or you may have problems getting the ribs out.

Price is right... Order two!

I've got one that I love. Got it at HD. Haven't seen them there in a while though. You can do 5 slabs if you lean one up front. My biggest complaint is that they break, or at least mine did. I don't use racks anymore, but I recommend this over the many other crap ones out there.

dmp

I picked up some stainless steel ones at HD:mrgreen::mrgreen:. 10 bucks:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. I bought 3, holds 3 full sized racks cut in half. Flip it over and its a chicken roasters as well.:cool::cool:

I picked up some stainless steel ones at HD:mrgreen::mrgreen:. 10 bucks:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. I bought 3, holds 3 full sized racks cut in half. Flip it over and its a chicken roasters as well.:cool::cool:

I got 2 of those too. I put them side-by-side and put full racks on them.

Rick

This rib rack is nice, but a little pricey. I just got mine last week. Heavy duty/gauge stainless steel. :-D Very well built rib racks. They got some weight to them. Fits 9 slabs.
http://www.southernsteamers.com/rib-racks.htm

15d45j4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I never cared for the Weber rib rack too small IMO. I use it in the Cookshack and cut the ribs in half. Klose or Cookshack look to be pretty hefty.

Does using a rack like that increase cook time? Does it make cooking any different at all? I have been considering bying one of those....

Klose or Cookshack look to be pretty hefty.

Klose racks fit just right in a large BGE.

My suggestion is to pay the extra $ on good heavy guage SS racks.

I've been real happy with the Klose racks. But I don't use them real often. But sitting out in the elements for a couple of years, and no rust.

Does using a rack like that increase cook time? Does it make cooking any different at all? I have been considering bying one of those....

I find its the exact opposite... at least in my Cimarron. laying for racks flat just impeded air flow way too much and I couldn't smoke a bb to save my life. I finally figured out the problem and started using racks, but couldn't find one that worked well. These weber ones work just perfect. They're sturdy, cheap, and you can get them anywhere. The hold the entire rack just fine.

Norco, those look great!!!! I may have to make up a couple sets for my self!!!!!

I got four Weber racks because they fit my smoker shelves. Overall I like them and clean up ain't to bad with oven cleaner!

Nice! Will that fit in your BDS using all 9 spaces?

Rick

Hey Rick,
It fits without a problem on the 2343 model. The height and width dimensions of the rib rack and the 2343 allows me to use both the lower and upper cooking racks simultaneously with this model rib rack. The 2343 has a 7" height clearance between the lower and upper cooking racks and between the upper cooking rack and the BDS lid. I'll probably buy one more rib rack from Southern Steamers in case I have the need to smoke up 18 slabs at once. :icon_cool

Hey Rick,
It fits without a problem on the 2343 model. The height and width dimensions of the rib rack and the 2343 allows me to use both the lower and upper cooking racks simultaneously with this model rib rack. The 2343 has a 7" height clearance between the lower and upper cooking racks and between the upper cooking rack and the BDS lid. I'll probably buy one more rib rack from Southern Steamers in case I have the need to smoke up 18 slabs at once. :icon_cool

Thanks, that looks like the ticket!

Thanx Jazzspot that's just what ive been looking for it can hold the whole case I think i'll order two.

Back