Yoder Smokers?

guntera

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Anyone use the Yoder Smoker Trailer for competitions and are happy with it? Just trying to get some feedback on a BBQ trailer Co. close to home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I love my Yoder..

they went out of their way to make a smoker that fits all that I need in a smoker. I've had mine a little less than a year. Took a little time to learn how to control temp, etc., but couldn't be more pleased. FWIW, the one thing I would change, I would get a square insulated firebox. The one change I made to my smoker was to raise the level of the firebox so I could get a little higher temp to cook high and hot.

Check out a few photos at our facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=212302484945

Check out Horizon Smokers in Perry, OK. Roger and his guys build a great smoker, and provide excellent service as well.

I've had the pleasure of cooking on an Horizon for the last couple of years. We started cooking on this one a month ago. 3 contests in, I couldn't be happier with it. Give Roger a call.

Attachments

• DSCN8574.jpg
    DSCN8574.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 261
Yoder and Horizon are VERY similar. Model to Model the Yoders are a little more refined in a few places (door on firebok seals better on a Yoder). That is just on the standard models though. Dan Cary is the owner of Yoder, and of All Things BBQ in Wichita. Give him a call and tell him what you want. He is a good guy. Mike Davis is cooking on a Yoder they built last year. They also make a kick ass Pellet, the YS'640.

C
I've had the pleasure of cooking on an Horizon for the last couple of years. We started cooking on this one a month ago. 3 contests in, I couldn't be happier with it. Give Roger a call.

Hey Mike... What the small box on the tongue?

Yoder's main tech worked for Horizon. Aside from the pellet cooker, Yoder designs are knockoffs. The Davis cooker is a Jambo copy, and the rest are copies of Horizon designs.

I'd love to have the Yoder pellet feeder. Looked at one at the KCBS banquet - nice thick steel for efficiency and to help even out the heat.

Hey Mike... What the small box on the tongue?
Ron, that's a 12v winch. The cooker was designed to be hauled inside a toy hauler or cargo trailer. The winch just helps an old guy and a fat guy get the cooker in and out.:thumb:

Back