Looking for upgrade advice from a PrimoXL

J

JSM

Hey guys,

I've had my PrimoXL for about a year and a half and have been really eyeing my neighbor's drum smoker/grill that he built. This got me to be thinking: Is there an upgrade worthwhile for the home over the Primo that won't break the bank? This would be primarly for smoking only and I'd like something with a decent amount of room for parties.

In doing some quick google searches I did not come across any drum smokers that looked wortwhile. Does anyone have any opinions on what an "upgrade" would be over the Primo? I primarly smoke chicken, ribs, and pork butts.

Check out Lang. Lang makes great smokers and has a size and price range for anyone in the market. And, they are in Georgia, so shipping should be minimal.

Langs aren't drum smokers. They are reverse flow, but they are a great value and cook some great BBQ.

Thanks Bo, I will check it out.. I should have been more clear, not necessarly stuck on a drum smoker just anything that would be considered "the next level" over a Primo for smoking duty.

Hey guys,

I've had my PrimoXL for about a year and a half and have been really eyeing my neighbor's drum smoker/grill that he built. This got me to be thinking: Is there an upgrade worthwhile for the home over the Primo that won't break the bank? This would be primarly for smoking only and I'd like something with a decent amount of room for parties.

In doing some quick google searches I did not come across any drum smokers that looked wortwhile. Does anyone have any opinions on what an "upgrade" would be over the Primo? I primarly smoke chicken, ribs, and pork butts.

http://www.komodokamado.com/

An UDS is the cheapest and easiest smoker there is. I think it really depends on what "breaks the bank"? Boshizzle is absolutely correct.

Matt

I dunno... the Primo XL is very much top of the pile for a smoker and a grill all in one, and it's a good size too. If you want to do much larger volumes for smoking only, the WSM is the next step up before you move into more pricey territory. Check the WSM out and compare with Lang / Backwoods / Traeger etc. You have a lot of options available to you.

Cheers!

Bill

Back