• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I stole a couple briskets, asked a pro and nearly chat myself!!! Pr0n!!

Thermal Mass

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Found these (albeit smaller +/- 13#) steal of a deal briskets... $1.67/# :shock:

Today's subject.

I have done a few briskets with marginal success so I consulted a comp friend (Brother Kave Dweller) and meshed that with what this place has enlightened me with.:loco: :mrgreen:

My attempt at a comp style trimming.:twitch:

Rubbed with some Blues Hog, kosher salt and pepper, wrapped and injecting.

Rested, unwrapped and ready for smoke, point down.

Results after a comforting UDS sugar maple/KBB smoke sauna.:clap:

Probed like buttah!, sliced like a dream, small but nice smoke ring, is very moist and passed both bend and pull test.:bow:

Plated results, sorry no putting green.:frown: The flavor of this was absolutely
Incredible, stupid good...:jaw: :icon_smile_tongue:

Nothing fancy on the "burnt ends" really did not want anything more, so maybe their not burnt ends but point chunks still great! I did learn a few things so very excited for the next one (hundred) briskets.:shock:
Thanks again to all the brethren brisket pros, and Brethren Kave Dweller!:whoo:

Fark me! I was happy with my prime Brisket theft at Costco, but damn!

Nice looking brisket. My only criticism is that you don't live closer to me.

wow great job!!

what did you inject it with, if you dont mind

Thanks BB:grin:.
Had I done what I was "guided" to do I would of course not be able to share it :mrgreen:, but since I did not have or could not get the suggested components in my weekend antsypants time frame I just wend with this:

No MSG or other crap, so I put a little of my own spin to it and gave it a run... I followed the directions and was surprised how beefy and NOT salty it was, there was also a level of umami (without the sweet if that makes sense) like what MSG would bring. I will be trying this product in many other things.:thumb:

Excellent Q. Man my mouth is watering.

Better than bouillon is excellent stuff. I use the chicken base as well as the kosher and they are excellent. They have the large size at Costco if anyone is interested.

Any chance you could put some left overs in the mail?

Excellent steal on the meat and even better cook!

Back