Baby Back Rib PRON

misterrachel

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Second attempt at baby backs went very well! I followed KISS.

Rubbed with Yardbird about 2 hours before the cook.

Went on the UDS at 250* with some Hickory.

Sprayed with apple juice every 30 minutes.

First rack came off about 4 hours later. Second rack came off an hour after that. Third rack came off a half hour after that.

Flavor was awesome! Tenderness needs a little bit of work, but not bad at all. I'm eating some of the leftovers and my co-workers keep popping their heads in my office to tell me how good they smell.

Attachments

• DSC_1136.jpg
    DSC_1136.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC_1137.jpg
    DSC_1137.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_1138.jpg
    DSC_1138.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 237
Very nice! I'd eat that! Any noticeable difference (taste, tenderness, etc.) between the 4, 5, and 5.5 hour cook times?

That's the interesting thing. The 4 hour rack probably passed the bend test the best of all three and was the least tender. 5-hour rack didn't bend as much, but it was easier to pull the bone away. The 5.5 hour rack didn't bend too much at all and I'm eating it right now as leftovers and it is by far the most tender of the three racks.

Very nice! I'd eat that! Any noticeable difference (taste, tenderness, etc.) between the 4, 5, and 5.5 hour cook times?

Looks good from here. Love the coworker thing:thumb:

Im not one of the veteran bbq's you speak of but the bend test is when you grab it from one end and the tongs will end up in the middle of the rack. And you left the other end hang free. When the bark starts to crack thats when you know its tender. But I dont see why you couldnt grab it in the middle. It would all depend how long the rack of ribs are.

Back