One of my favorite things to wake up to in the morning

Johnny_Crunch

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Drum has been cruising since 9 pm and I have high hopes for this bad boy. A friend bought it from some "meat guy" and I have never handled such a tender brisket. It would fold in half like a warm tortilla when I pulled it from the cryo. I hope it is good!

Brisket%2525208-13-11.JPG

The end closest to us in the picture is the point end or what is left of it. It was heavily trimmed by the processors.

Wow, if you didn't say what it was I would have be the farm on a butt. Luckily you did say it was a brisket and I do not own a farm to wager with. While having a smooth overnight cook is cool especially on the UDS, I think there are a few other things that rank a little higher for me to wake up to. However, I hope your story has a Happy Ending too :shocked:

were you too hungry to take a pic of it sliced? Would love to see a sliced pic! Very nice BTW!

Mmmmm... it's looking great from here!

Great flavor, not as most as I like. I have never cooked one that was this well trimmed. I'm pleased with the results for sure though!

While having a smooth overnight cook is cool especially on the UDS, I think there are a few other things that rank a little higher for me to wake up to. However, I hope your story has a Happy Ending too :shocked:

Fantastic ending. I didn't say it was my absolute favorite thing to wake up to. :becky: I also didn't say what I did before I got out of bed to check it. :p :heh:

Fantastic ending. I didn't say it was my absolute favorite thing to wake up to. :becky: I also didn't say what I did before I got out of bed to check it. :p :heh:

:thumb:

Brisket looks good. What was the total cook time?

Around 16 hours. I had to leave it on longer than I wanted so it got a bit dry. It's good though. Just not perfect.

Back