How many pounds....

what size servings? (Approx)
is there other food?
is there going to be portion control?

About 90 lbs raw equals about 45 lbs cooked equals 3/4 lb food per person.

If the briskets are flats you could start with a little less.

Will this be brisket OR pulled pork? Or brisket AND pulled pork? What I asking is will people have a choice of one or the other or can they have both?

I usually plan on a 60% yield and 1/2# meat per person. So a 10# raw brisket will give you 6#'s or cooked meat which will feed 12 people. So figure on 50#'s raw meat to feed 60 people once. If there will be seconds or if it is a buffet, add more accordingly.

Yes but if there are women there, they won't eat nearly that much. Now if you are feeding a bunch of burly men, then all bets are off.

Catering planner version 3.03 available now from http://www.bbq-review.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10 in the top post on this thread are the new versions of the Excel spreadsheet (.xls) and a Zipped version of the spreadsheet (.zip).

[FONT=&quot]Now using the number of meats and the number of sides with an algorithm to calculate multiple meat / side figures.[/FONT]

Catering planner version 3.03 available now from http://www.bbq-review.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10 in the top post on this thread are the new versions of the Excel spreadsheet (.xls) and a Zipped version of the spreadsheet (.zip).

[FONT=&quot]Now using the number of meats and the number of sides with an algorithm to calculate multiple meat / side figures.[/FONT]

Algoritwha:shock:t! Just kidding really a neat tool!

Algoritwha:shock:t! Just kidding really a neat tool!

Hey! Who you calling a TOOL? :mad:

Oh, you mean the spread sheet... just kidding too!

As usual if anyone finds a mistake in it please let me know, and I'll give you free use of the corrected version. Ooops I already do that anyway.

About 90 lbs raw equals about 45 lbs cooked equals 3/4 lb food per person.

If the briskets are flats you could start with a little less.

I'm with Ray. If its a buffet, plan on 3/4 a person (cooked). You might get by with 1/2, but I wouldn't risk it.

If you can control portions, then you might get by with 1/4-1/3 per sandwich.

Thanks for the feed back guys. This is the Christmas lunch at work. The sides and other stuff will be there. It will be set up buffet style. You can have both brisket and pork if you want and there will be no portion control.

I hooked my boss on smoking last year and he has gotten pretty good. It was his idea for us to cook the meat. This will give us a chance to show off and give the boss some braggin rights. There are a few of us that will be cooking the meat with me running point.

Back