First Chub

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This morning I went to Market and asked the little Deli Girl for the German Bologna, she said how much would you liked sliced and I said no, no, the whole log please....she looked at me like I was Insane...Go Figure!!!:rolleyes:
Got it home, 5lbs., sliced the outside every half inch or so lengthwise and rubbed it up with Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, Lemon Pepper, and then with KC Masterpiece BBQ Rub. Fired up the DrumPit with Kingsford and Hickory Chunks. When it settled @235* throwed the Bolo on and Smoked that Bad Boy to 160* internal, spraying every thirty minutes w/ Apple Juice. When the Chubb reached 120* I threw on some Chix Thighs rubbed w/ Olive Oil, Thyme, Marjoram, and Sweet Basil. The House now Smells Wonderful!!!!!
Drum_Chub_Chix.jpg
I sliced into the Chub and I got to tell you, I could sit here and eat the Whole Log, it is that good...Looking forward to my Lunches at Work Next Week:-D
By The Way, Happy GroundHogs Day EveryBody!!!!!!:icon_clown

Looks good Bro, just one question, whats a ground hog and can I smoke it.

N8man that bolo is looking good! I want to try that one ofthese days. Smoke on brother smoke on:icon_bigsmil

Looks good Bro, just one question, whats a ground hog and can I smoke it.
I suppose you could, I'd wrap it in bacon myself...:p
images

Also Known as the WoodChuck...

N8man that bolo is looking good! I want to try that one ofthese days. Smoke on brother smoke on:icon_bigsmil
Thanx, for two months I've been going on to my Friends about wanting to Smoke some Bologna and one of them told me it was now on sale for 1.99lb...
Opportunity Knocking!!!!

Fine looking Redneck Caviar ther N8!! What's next? I be thinkin smoked braunschweiger?

Dang................that looks really good. I need to try one of them!

Dang groundhog saw his shadow.................how's smoked groundhog taste!:twisted:

Actually groundhog is quit good. Need to boil it then bake it in oven stuff with sweet potatoes.

Thats why I love this site, would have never thought of doing that before today, might have a new snack for the Super Bowl. How long did it take, it is a heavy mass of meat?

Looks really good. Does your's get better as the days go by. Mine seems to be twice as good 2 days after it's cooked, Flavor seems to come out more.

Thats why I love this site, would have never thought of doing that before today, might have a new snack for the Super Bowl. How long did it take, it is a heavy mass of meat?
It took four hours start to finish @235* And it's well worth the effort.
Just had some for Lunch!!!!!! Good Stuff!!!!:-D

ok, that's next on my list! awesome job! One question, with the olive oil on their, did you have any probs getting rub to stick? I caught part of Emeril the other night and he scored one and put butter on it , then what looked like dijon mustard, then some essence.

Back