Cliff's Smoke on the Water adventure

Cliff H.

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What a trip. I got to hang out with Dallas and his wife from Double D's BBQ. He let me get a real behind the scene look at what bbq comps are all about. I really appreciate the opportunity.

Dallas and his wife Donna were all business. While some of the teams around us were having a big time with loud music and wobbly pops, Dallas was hard at work prepping all of his catagories.

Here is what went down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWChYxbMetY

Left to right Cliff H. Kloset BBQR, and 1moreFord

DSC02791.jpg

At the end the days we parted company. Dallas went to hook up to his pit and leave. I was leaving also but decided to take the scenic route.

DSC02793.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome, I know from when I called him the other night that he was really grateful to have you around....the second contest this summer that I missed cooking with him at, and what a one to miss.....

Loved the pictures, but, the last one, yeah, I think that is a guranteed detour.....hell, made me want to start dipping....

Glad you had a awesome experience.....

Cliff thats the biggest smile you had all weekend long go Copenhagen

Cliff thats the biggest smile you had all weekend long go Copenhagen

I was smiling because I quit using snuff a few years ago. I just wanted to see who's 401k I had been supporting for all those years. :shock:

Cliff, Great picture! Did your wife take that? She's a great sport if she did!

Thanks so much for helping out this weekend! It was great to meet both you and your wife and Joe (1 more Ford) and his family!

I hope our paths cross again soon and that you decide to get into competition BBQ!

Nice pics. Dallas, how did that new pit cook for you?

Chris,

The pit cooked great, nice steady temps for the most part. I was most impressed by the clean, blue smoke that came out of the stack.

Very little learning curve!

well, now that the first cook is out of the way, it is time to get moving with old school high tech......onto Oinktoberfest......

Back