Anyone build their own weber kettle pizza?

I've seen home made versions of them...you're right they are spendy. I was going to make on until i realized pizzas on the UDS are great! Use your UDS if you haven't, don't put any smoking wood in only charcoal. You don't need any pizza stone go directly on the great because the heat is perfect coming up from the charcoal basket... you can cook about any temp on it, 250-400 and it turns out the same.

I tried to upload a picture of mine, but for some reason I'm not able to. I had a buddy fab me up an adapter, just like the Pizza Kettle with a diffuser plate, which sits on top. The thing gets screaming hot (850-900ish) and turns out pies in 2-4 minutes. I use lump and wood. I use it ALL the time. The only thing better is an actual wood fired oven. I'm telling you, there is no better pizza than one that cooks in like half a second. They're amazing.

BTW, the diffuser plate makes all the difference. Without it, the temp will struggle to get way up. With it... ...not so much.:cool:

I tried to upload a picture of mine, but for some reason I'm not able to. I had a buddy fab me up an adapter, just like the Pizza Kettle with a diffuser plate, which sits on top. The thing gets screaming hot (850-900ish) and turns out pies in 2-4 minutes. I use lump and wood. I use it ALL the time. The only thing better is an actual wood fired oven. I'm telling you, there is no better pizza than one that cooks in like half a second. They're amazing.

Upload the pictures to Photobucket and then paste the IMG Code from PB into your post here.

That's a great looking cooker there, Skidder! I've got a spare drum in the garden that I've been thinking about converting into a pizza oven

Back