• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Featured in Atlanta Magazine

jfletcherMD

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ventured back to Georgia last week to visit family, and while there - in addition to a couple of VERY excellent meals at my favoite local haunts - I picked up the latest addition of Atlanta magazine, which has a great cover spread this month all about barbecue!

Features of the spread include:
- The magazine's list of ATL's "Top 10 BBQ Restaurants"
- An article about noteworthy "up and coming" ATL barbecue joints
- A short feature on whole hog barbecue in Eastern NC, including several noteworthy shacks in the Greenville area
- Another short feature on beef barbecue in Central Texas, including mention of some more noteworthy restaurants.

While not nearly as comprehensive an overview of the Altanta BBQ scene as the magazine's previous catalog of 58 local restaurants in 2010, it's definitely worth a look for "serious aficionados" like us!

Check out the digital addition at http://www.atlantamagazine.com

For those who've read/will read it - what do you think? Are your favorites on the "Top 10 List?" Are there egregious omissions? What do you think of Atlanta as a "barbecue city" and the Atlanta BBQ scene in general?

Looks like you have to buy the digital mag in order to see the article.
At any rate, they bounced me all over the edition and told me nothing.

Ahh, sheesh...didn't realize that navigating the site was such a nightmare! Must admit that I didn't do too much digging around on the site, since I already had the print edition. In any case, here's their Top 10 - this might at least that whet some appetites...

10.) Big Shanty Smokehouse
9.) Ms. Betty's House of Ribs
8.) Ziegler's BBQ
7.) Fox Borthers BBQ
6.) Sam's BBQ-1
5.) Dave Poe's
4.) Community Q BBQ
3.) Swallow at the Hollow
2.) Grand Champion BBQ
1.) Heirloom Market BBQ

Wish there was a way to condense down all the other stuff in the article - definitely an interesting (if somewhat biased) read!

Back