blender

I have a KitchenAid blender that I am really happy with. I am really impressed with the VitaMix blenders, but they are beyond my budget.

CD

Harvard already had a Vitamix when I met him. To say I'm spoiled now, would be an understatement. We use it on a daily basis for kale smoothies. lol I know... I know! But they're really not too bad if you throw a banana in there. I've been making squash and pumpkin soups with it, and it really does a superb job on them. Very smooth, very fast, very powerful. :wink:

+1 for the vitamix. I flipped out when my wife told me she bought a 400 dollar blender, but in the end, I am extremely pleased with it. In the words of Nike, "Just do it"

Go Vitamix or BlendTec.

I own both. The VM 5200 and the BT Total blender.

The VM Is hands down the better blender. Even though the BT claims a 4 HP and the VM 3 the VM is by far the stronger motor. With the tamper I can take frozen bananas and with the motor on high turn it into a frozen banana dessert the is like sorbet. The BT has a wider jar and claims no need for it but put anything in that's thick and you get a void/cavitation and the motor will shut down. The VM on high is fan cooled and can run just about forever without overheating

The newer VM comes with
A wider shorted jar, more power (fan cooled at all settings) and presets to compete with the BT for a blender that will fit under the cabinets

Back