Official New Year's Grub Thread....

BobBrisket

Reaction score
The wife and I, along with our two rug rats(I use this word affectionately), are staying home and bringing in the new year within the comfort of our home. My wife has already asked for surf and turf, but I'd like to score a small rib roast if I can. Might even do some lobster if we can still find some by tomorrow.

Let's post our pron here!!

We invited neighbors over for Beer, Brisket, Beer, MOINK Balls, Beer, and some shrimp. I guess there might be some sides in there somewhere I jsut mentioned that part I'm responsible for.

We're having a few friends over for Seafood Gumbo, Moink Balls (MrsMista is gonna make them) and Pecan Pie Cheesecake. Oh and a few adult beverages...

Steaks on New Years Eve and the traditional beans & cornbread on New Years day.

Cheers,
Braddog

I'm going to do a couple of butts on the BGE. This'll be my first attempt at smoking with it and only the third burn. Wish me luck!

Harris Teeter had rib roast for 5.99 a pound and we have some crab legs left from Christmas (egads!) so we are having a surf and turf with twice baked potatoes and a salad in addition to the prerequisite black eyed peas and collards!
Maybe some MOINK apps to go along with everything.

I'm down for 6 racks of bb's and two chickens for Thursday night.

Tamale making party. Homemade salsa, bacon wrapped waterchestnuts, maybe ConQueso and what ever else comes to mind. Oh, and beer.

Going shopping tonight...probably some pork spares (1st time), left over pulled pork from Sunday (gonna post pron) and a few fatties for me the wife and the parents for new years eve. Traditional fare for new years day cabbage rolls, black eyed peas (field peas or purple hull peas for you North Louisiana folks), and plenty of homemade White corn meal corn bread!!!! Happy New Years to all, Cheers!!!!

Oh yeah plenty of Shiner Bock and Abita Amber flowing too!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago, we used to have a big family get-together on New Year's Day, and everyone used to make specialties form their country of origin, or the area where they lived. We had a big southern contingent, so we always had black-eyed peas, greens, and corn bread. The Swedes made Swedish meatballs, limpa bread (Swedish rye), and pickled herring on crackers. The New Yorkers had bagels with lox and cream cheese. There will only be two of us this year (the rest have either died or moved away) so we'll probably mostly do southern stuff. Maybe I'll make some limpa for old time's sake. I'm smoking 4 pork shoulders today, so we can always have some pulled pork to go with the rest of it.

I have some really good Andouille. Think I will get some large tiger shrimp and place a slice of smoked andouille in the middle of the shrimp and grill them on kababs witha nice sweet and spicy sauce.

Alrighty then - this appears to be the perfect thread for me to stalk local Ga brethren and their plans for New Years, then I can start figuring out who i need to beg for an invite :mrgreen:

Going over to friends house and smoking up some BB ribs and wings on their Weber kettle I made them buy so I don't have to use their gas grill. May try and whip up a new rib rub. Sides will be corn and Asian slaw. I know there will be some adult beverages around...

6 slabs of spares, corn casserole, pole beans w/ new potatoes and prolly a few other random things.

Dunno Bobby B....bought some chicken filet (probably gonna make a batch of chicken sateh like last weekend) today and Dennessey is gonna buy two porknecks (Pulled Pork) also....and I'm gonna make some (sort of) ABT's.

Steaks and veggies New Years Eve
Pork chops or pork loin w/black-eyed peas and collard greens New Years Day for luck and money!!! I could use "both"...

Boat

I'm going to break out the pork pibil I made last week, got some green chili,with cheese and ham potatoes, and black-eyed peas with collards. With tequilla and beer for good cheer. Happy New Year All.

Back