BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Sandwiches!"[/size]
dagwood.jpg

Anonymous photo...

...as chosen by Gore, the winner of the Breakfast Throwdown!

Here are the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 2/5 - 2/14 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 2/14.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 2/15 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 2/19. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Super Bowl Party Food Throwdown until Monday night 2/8 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Asian Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Now I'm sure Gore will weave a loaf of Bacon Bread :wink: and kick my little sammy to the curb, but since I had this for breakfast this morning, I thought I'd get things rolling for this T/D. I humbly present the K.C.B.S. (Kansas City Breakfast Sandwich), made from brisket, bacon, one fried egg (trying to watch my cholesterol), a slice of smoked provolone and some roasted red pepper on two slices of rye bread:

Please use the last pic for my entry, thanks!

Attachments

• kcbs04.jpg
    kcbs04.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 857
  • kcbs03.jpg
    kcbs03.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 851
  • kcbs02.jpg
    kcbs02.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 848
Wow, this is gonna be a killer throwdown. The guys at this site make the best sandwiches I have ever seen. I am pretty sure I will have to sit this one out. Then again, it is a chance to get my second '0'.

Wow, this is gonna be a killer throwdown. The guys at this site make the best sandwiches I have ever seen. I am pretty sure I will have to sit this one out. Then again, it is a chance to get my second '0'.
I have a sandwich I want to try out here too. However, I keep thinking back to that pulled pork sammich that River City Smokehouse made in Week 2 last year....it was the winning Calendar Photo Cover Shot! So I have like no chance in hell, but I'm still gonna do it. Besides, I have to start entering things again, Gore said so. Maybe I'll stal your one or two votes away though and you can get that zero.

True, it is always possible that I could get a zero no matter what. Especially if River City enters another sandwich. Heck, he could enter that one again and I would vote for it.

Hmmmmm, I just found a source that is bringing Amoroso rolls in from Philly.......and willing to sell a few.....

Breakfast of champions right there!:cool:

That samich looks might fine, but for breakfast, there ain't much better than filling a hot biscuit up with a hunk of pulled pork after pulling an all-nighter. Yum!

I get the feeling there are going to be an excessive number of extremely delicious-looking entries. There are two already and we're not even to the first weekend yet! I think I have a very good chance of doubling my zeros with this one. Eggplant sammies anyone? Chris, is it too late to change to a Fattie-Stein Throwdown? :rolleyes:

Is that a stripe of BBQ sauce running across the middle of that plate? Okay, I did something that is totally against etiquette, but, I fooled around with your image.
DSC02157.jpg

Back