trailer question

Smokin Mike

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I need to buy a travel trailer, and thinking about using it at comps to. I am leaning towards one that is only 20 feet from tongue to bumper, and one that is 21.6 from tip to tip, doesn't most contests have the slots at 20 feet? or can I get by the slightly bigger one?

Thanks everyone.

Michael

we are about 26' long total, and we have never had a problem getting into a contest. Just let them know how much space you need ahead of time. You will probably have to pay more though.

mine is 42 foot from end to end you pay extra for the space
but when it raining and cold it is worth it in gold

i sleep good and can cook better because i an rested
my last one was 20 - 8 and it would fit in most places

go for it you will love it

york

With the truck you have, you need at least a 28 footer. Anything less is child's play.

I went ahead a got it, I really need a T trailer for this week comming up and what to use it for comps!

it's sitting pretty on the driveway, just got home, and will take pics tommorrow and post :). I really like it.

here are my pic's of my 20 foot jayco travel trailer

Picture298Small.jpg

my son and the neighbor kid playing on the bunk bed

Picture302Small.jpg

the very small office

Picture304Small.jpg

small but it works sink, counter, and the "secret" bbq weapon

Picture307Small.jpg
Picture306Small.jpg

this converts to a really large sleeping area.

Picture300Small.jpg

Picture308Small.jpg

I have not figured out how to do more than one post, but,,,,It is not a toy hauler, I really wanted one, but does not work out for me,,,(they are really past that area ) I do have a 60 ft. place to park stuff at and I do have a 40' pusher,('06 4074 tuscany, in the shop to get repainted, damage from a semi tire on the road) and I do know life is easier if I stayed in that 20' area. so its a win/win for me.

I do not want to say how much, but it's under $11,000,,,,at the KC r.v show

I have not figured out how to do more than one post, but,,,,It is not a toy hauler, I really wanted one, but does not work out for me,,,(they are really past that area ) I do have a 60 ft. place to park stuff at and I do have a 40' pusher,('06 4074 tuscany, in the shop to get repainted, damage from a semi tire on the road) and I do know life is easier if I stayed in that 20' area. so its a win/win for me.

I do not want to say how much, but it's under $11,000,,,,at the KC r.v show

Sorry man, I shouldn't have put you on the spot. I didn't think about it before I asked. I am just trying to figure out how much I can get for my $$$ I appreciate the estimate.

Nice looking travel trailer Mike. And to quote more than 1 post in your response just select the multi-quote option at the bottom right corner of each post you want to respond to.

:twisted: Howdy Gang

New to this site, sounds and looks awesome. Im in the market to buy a new BBQ trailer and then go into the catering biz. Im looking at Klose, SYBBQ and Lone Star BBQ Pits. Any feed back would be a big help.

Sorry man, I shouldn't have put you on the spot. I didn't think about it before I asked. I am just trying to figure out how much I can get for my $$$ I appreciate the estimate.

no problem, I just allitle embrassed, I have no clue if I got a good deal or not,,,msrp is 14k,,,,

Nice looking travel trailer Mike. And to quote more than 1 post in your response just select the multi-quote option at the bottom right corner of each post you want to respond to.

thanks for the tip Don, it works

That is a nice looking rig... It's on my list... For now I'll have to stay with my 6x10...

:twisted: Howdy Gang

New to this site, sounds and looks awesome. Im in the market to buy a new BBQ trailer and then go into the catering biz. Im looking at Klose, SYBBQ and Lone Star BBQ Pits. Any feed back would be a big help.

Not a problem, ask away. Just do us a favor and swing on by 'Cattle Call' and introduce yourself ok?

no problem, I just allitle embrassed, I have no clue if I got a good deal or not,,,msrp is 14k,,,,

Its sounds like you did well...from my experience 20-25% off MSRP is a good deal, I've heard folks brag about 30% but have never gotten close:shock:

Enjoy, you will love it!

Back