Todd & Todd, Yardbird n Dirt (Pron)

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Decided to do some Chicken Legs, about 50 of them. Seasoned them with Todd's Dirt and sprinkled on some Plowboy's Yardbird for a rub. Put them in the drum at about 275 for 2.5 hours with Oak, then finished them on the gasser to crisp the skin. Very tasty. I tried them with and without sauce, I prefered without, the kids prefered sauce. I highly recommend Todd's Dirt as my prefered seasoning and both of the Plowboy's products as rubs.

The kids and wife had made mention a month or so ago that they thought peeled shrimp would taste good wrapped in bacon, so I gave that a try today. Seasoned with Todd's Crabby Dirt. They liked them, I don't care for shrimp. I also wrapped some polish sausage and some linguica in bacon, you can see them on the WSM over the Shrimp/bacon treats. The Crabby Dirt is great on seafood products, I like it real good in Tunafish sammies!

Topped off with mashed taters and a simple lettuce and tomato salad it was a good meal. The ice cream for desert ought to hit the spot!

Attachments

• Todd & Todd 002.jpg
    Todd & Todd 002.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Todd & Todd 004.jpg
    Todd & Todd 004.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Todd & Todd 005.jpg
    Todd & Todd 005.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Todd & Todd 006.jpg
    Todd & Todd 006.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Todd & Todd 008.jpg
    Todd & Todd 008.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 187
Damn, I need to get a picture of me in a chef's coat on my product. That's what I've been doing wrong!!!

Then again, would you really want the words EXTRA VIRGIN in big caps above your face?

Great looking chicken there. Where did you get the drumstick racks? I gotta have me some of them.

Nice looking food! Ya had me worried with the title, however. I thought we were going to see some Todd on Todd action! :rolleyes:

Got a pound each of the Bovine and Yardbird and used it on everything for new years. Gooood stuff.

A pound of each?? Man I buy it by the 5 lb bags. I have ten lbs of Yardbird and 5 lbs of Bovine. Doing a full comp practice run (Butts, Brisket, Ribs and Chicken) for my Father in Law's 70th B day this Saturday.

Man, that's a cool setup with the racks. And the food turned out great, too. Nice pics.

Your setup is incredible. Nice job. What will they think of next.
Tom

My, my, my..What good looking comida. I didn't think of stacking some legs on top of the rack like that. Good idea.

The drumstick racks are available at Lowe's for about 5 bucks each. I think the ones listed at Amazon (same exact rack) are about 17 bucks... your money, your choice!

I like Lowe's and don't like the other. No brainer for me. Muchas gracias.

You're right Bo, saw them today at Lowe's for about 5 bucks. Last Christmas I bought like 10 of them for everyone I thought would like legs that way. Works great. That is on big batch of legs on the drum. No excess dripping problems?

Back