I'm looking for a Small charcoal grill

N

nonthink

I’m trying to decide between two small grills. The New Braunsfel Mini Boss $24.99, or The Weber Smokey Joe Gold $39.00. Any input from the brethren. (like I need to ask)

Is the ultimate goal here small and easy to transport, or inexpensive? If the former, you'd be hard-pressed to go wrong with a Weber, especially if you can find one on eBay or CL. If the latter, again, eBay or CL...

Recently posted was the sale at ACE hardware 4th of July Weber Smokey Joe Platinum I think for 30 bucks after rebate?
Might be worth a shot.

I see Smokey Joe's on Craig's List several times a week for under $20, so check out CL in your area.

The Smokey Joe gold has side vents above the charcoal. This design seems to starve the charcoal of air. The Smokey Joe Silver has bottom vents that seem to get more air to the coals. The silver seems to have a hotter, longer burning fire when compared to the gold.

Although, the Smokey Joe Gold with a Copper finish is available from Linens N' Things for $ 49.00

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2624255&cp=1331607.2208585.2147319&parentPage=family

p3533885reg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the subject line, thought it was a jeopardy question at first:

I'm looking for a Small charcoal grill

Alex, what are things you'll never hear on a BBQ forum?

I’m trying to decide between two small grills. The New Braunsfel Mini Boss $24.99, or The Weber Smokey Joe Gold $39.00. Any input from the brethren. (like I need to ask)

"Smokey Joe"...all the way! I've had mine 16 years and just ordered the 3rd set of grates. He goes camping with us every year and never disappoints.:biggrin:

I got my Smokey Joe on CL for $10, look liked it was used 1-2 times.

Back