Starting on a Whiskey Barrel Smoker (WBS) -

stl-rich

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A little while back I decided to build a UDS, then changed my mind - why build something ugly when I build something neat - a WBS.

While looking for a nice barrel I started buying hardware - stainless nuts, bolts, washers, etc, etc. Today Wifey and I drove from St Louis to House Spring and for $50 we picked up a light colored wood Whiskey barrel. Naturally the 18" x12 1/4" Mover's Dolly I purchased from HF doesn't quite fit on the bottom of the barrel, but it will when I get done with it :-D

Since I carry about 100 pounds of lard on my body, its a bit too hot for me to work outside, but I got my barrel and I'm started on my WBS :becky:

I just wonder if I should build a charcoal basket out of expanded metal and a 22.5" weber charcoal grate or if I should just grab the charcoal basket from my 18" WSM.

pics to follow

sounds fun. do a quick search for wine barrel smoker and you'll find a thread where someone built one out of a wine barrel. last awhile but finally wood shrank and leaked too much air to hold temps I think..

Anyone in the St Louis area looking for a Bourbon barrel - someone responded to my CR ad after I bought one. They want $125, probably obo

Back