World's Smallest Bacon Explosion

S

SmokeInDaEye

Last weekend, we had the honor of cooking on one of the world's smallest reverse flow smokers, courtesy of Huntington County Customs. Once fired up, we decided to try something truly tiny, the world's smallest bacon explosion.

The first image shows the finished product next to a quarter. You can also see the "making of" video here.

CIMG1499.jpg

CIMG1500-1.jpg

That mini is so freaking cool, and so is that mini bacon explosion. How'd that thing hold temps Clint, I wanted to buy it at Williepallooza but didnt pull the trigger.

Yes it is for starting it up. Sorry been busy this week filling orders, doing quotes and getting ready to head to Roc City this weekend.

All I do to start is load the box with some tinder and chunks of wood (whatever I have this time it was mesquite and some cherry Clint had(thanks clint)) start the propane and leave all the vents wide open. I did (for time sake) use a propane torch to help things along and warm the chamber. This time I closed the back vent, went wide open on the front vent and left the door open a crack. She cruised to 240 on the thermo and held it even after the fire went out. We were eating mud bugs and looked at it (nearly 45 minutes after the fire was out) to see it was still at 190.

The propane is nice to start and lasts forever since that is the only function. in such a small fire box with limited air, it blows it self out when the fire gets going so it couldnt be used for much more than starting.

<--- Hasn't anyone noticed the mini in my avitar? lol

Maybe the mini lang and the bacon explosion are regular size and you are a giant

That's pretty farking cool! If I ever win the lottery...

Lottery?? You could win that much in a scratch off bud! It's not expensive or difficult to make. Just time consuming to be all hell! Just search for the mini reverse flow thread i did on here and build your own. If you can weld that is..

Back