No more RO Lump @ Wally World?

vr6Cop

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to my local Wally World to pick up a couple of bags of Royal Oak lump. They had all the charcoal back inside the store, but no RO to be found anywhere. Not just the lump, but no briquettes either. :evil: Not a red bag to be found anywhere. And no other lump charcoal choices. :shock:

I couldn't find a garden/patio manager to ask, and I wasn't going to stand in line at customer service just to ask a question. And I can't find any web site for Royal Oak on Google or on TNW's site.

I had to resort to a couple of bags of Cowboy from Lowes. :frown: Does anyone know what the deal with RO is, and where I can pick it up now? I don't want to pay twice the price for 2/3 the product by buying the BGE-badge RO lump so any help is appreciated. I guess I'll just have to resort to buying pallets of WG.

Can you get B&B lump through your WalMart? I like it over RO. It's a dense oak lump, so it's half the bag size of RO. See if you can order it online and have it shipped to your WalMart. We did that with a few items in the past.

According to Wally World, grilling isn't officially open until Memorial Day... don't rush it. And it ends on Labor Day.

Mine still has about 12 bags left from last year... Look close and you will see my mark so when the new comes in, I can get the fresh stuff... :twisted: I still have about a dozen or so bags left to hold me for a little while yet.

I just bought a couple of bags last weekend at my store. They were on the low side, but still had a little. Could of just been timing. Don't panic!!! Everything should be ok.

Do you have Gordon Food Service there? If so the carry RO lump in the big bags too.

Scott

As others have said, I would guess that they have simply run out of last season's stock. They should re-up soon.

I buy my lump by the pallets, and I just have wally world get 3 pallets of RO for me. they like the heads up and then I get a great price, I also take 3 pallets of Kingsford.
We do so many corporate and benefits its just makes sense to get it all at once. Now for comps I use a different kind of lump we get in Ark. for the stumps. and in the lang we use wood. but I do use a bag of Kingsford to start a coal base. Right or wrong it works for me.

Last time I strolled thru the aisles of the Evil Empire I was shocked to find pallets of RO, I even grabbed 3 bags and a pit thermometer, I asked one of the workers and he said kinda the same thing, it ain't grillin' season yet!

As a side note, I stopped by HD this morning and saw pallets of charcoal, from a distance, I thought it may have been Rancher, but it was Cowboy Lump! I've never seen Cowboy at HD in the past, Lowes and Ace were the only sources in my area. WTF is up?

The Walmart in Cookeville had a pallet of it 2 weeks ago when I was there. If your ever up that way you might wanna stop in and see.

I dunno if you have Menards in your area, but they have the RO lump year round.

I purchased some yesterday at my local Wally World and they had a bunch of it...Kinda high $5.67, usually in the summer it gets down to $4.87

I dunno if you have Menards in your area, but they have the RO lump year round.

Except for the south side Des Moines store. Those farkers ran out of RO lump back in November when I got 12 of the last 15 bags:eek:. Hey, at least I left some:twisted:.

Back