• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Those with a Lang

GoolsbyMD

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Are you able to pass your pit probe wires under the door, do you make a small notch with a disc metal cutter under the door. Drill a small hole next to the door? Or just close the door on top of the wires? Im going to be ordering the 48 patio and was thinking if I should have Mr. Langs works weld in a pass through grommet. Also is there any options/customizations you wish you had. I'm only interested in the regular patio.

I just got a 36" Patio Delux and have no problem passing the cable under the door. I have not tried it on the warmer box.

I have the 48 Patio and I shut the lid on the wire with no problems! I have had it for about a year and really haven't thought of any other features I wish I had ..a very satisfied customer....

I have no problem doing it on mine. I can close the lid without pinching the wire. Talk to Ben Lang about it he is a great guy to talk to. My only wish would be for a 48 but I am very happy with the 36 for normal home use. It just got a little crowded over the holidays I had to schedule smoker time with my meats.

Yeah, it will close without an issue.

Cleaner method is installing one or two of these on the end of the chamber:

LINK

I have no problem doing it on my Lang 36. I've used Probes with a Taylor and an Igrill, can't speak for Maverick probes though:behindsofa:

I have no experience with the Lang smoker but great friends of mine told me the heavier doors on the Lang 84 I believe larger the doors if slammed closed would cut the temperature wiring in half.

I was thinking along the lines of a few beers in and latching it closed with the wires running under it. Kind of like watertight doors on a ship that someone runs phone wire through and you go and dog it down lol.

On my Lang 60D if I latch the door it does put a good kink in the probe lead.
I'd opt for them to put a pass through on it, in my opinion it would really make it easier.

Good luck and enjoy your Lang!!!!!!

I know you will :heh:

I have a 60D, and it closes fine on Stoker wires without kinks.......I'm not sure why you would need to latch the door shut while cooking.

I have three holes drilled below the door large enough for probes to pass through 3/8 "--front ,middle, Back. I've ruined a wire. Not now. I plug them with three 3/8" eye bolts. While learning I've had six thermometers (twelve) wires inserted. Seal around the wires with foil.

As everyone else has said you can do it without a problem. Ben and his crew would be able to build you a pass through with out a problem I'm sure. My new Assassin 28 has one built in and I really like that feature. If your ordering order it the way you want it.

I have a 60D, and it closes fine on Stoker wires without kinks.......I'm not sure why you would need to latch the door shut while cooking.

I'm a little compulsive about mechanical things, if the designer/engineer put it there I'm gonna use it. Don't know why but it will erk me if I don't.

I never latch the door on our 84 except for going down the road. I believe you could wreck wires if you slam the door but I set it down easy and haven't had any trouble.

Back