She made it!

Smoked Nachos?

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got my Lang in yesterday! And, it was just in time for my birthday weekend. I have a buddy coming in from out of town and we're going to wake up tomorrow to season her for a few hours. I'm heading by to pick up a case of beer and a couple slabs of ribs today to make sure I have plenty of meat and beverages on hand.

As you can see, she barely fits on my tiny little apartment porch. But no worries, they won't let me cook within 10 feet of the building anyway. That's why they have wheels, right?

That is awesome. A Lang on an apartment patio. :grin: Congrats!

I had a thought that someone might try and take it... you never know. But then I thought it's pretty unlikely someone would be able to get a truck back there and load up all 600 lbs without waking the neighbors.

That's a nice cooker, and others said, some people will they they are entitled to it. I would get at least one chain and lock, if not more security, and let your renters insurance company know you have that there if the unthinkable ever does happen.

I'm jealous! :sad:

Very nice! Congrats on that Lang. She sure is a beauty. And I agree with nucornhusker I would quickly grab a chain and lock.

Your neighbors are going to love you and bring you beer frequently in exchange for BBQ. I rent as well and have a new Humphrey's pit on the way. Chain that sucka up, I know I will when mine arrives.

Congrats and enjoy the 1st cook, we expect pics!!! :thumb:

Found a chain used for motorcycles on sale for $10 bucks in the area. Reviews say it takes a torch to get through it. For so cheap, I don't know about that, but it will at least deter your average smoker thief!

Good idea on contacting the renters insurance. Thanks, nucornhusker.

Any chance of getting some interior pictures? I would like to see the new slide out shelves on the 36!

Any chance of getting some interior pictures? I would like to see the new slide out shelves on the 36!

Assuming that is a 36" did they change the thermometer placement? I guess I was thinking it was the big one (and that the pic was at a weird angle) because of the side placement of the thermometer.

Those tires look like they're ready to go off-roading. Enjoy her. Bet you'll have neighbors coming from all parts of apartments to see/taste what you've got going on.

Very, very nice! I can see some really great cooks coming off that baby in the near future!

Ed

Back