Roll Call. Inside 30 days. River City Roundup 9 / 27 & 28

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Less than three weeks out - it's time for River City Roundup at the Century Link (Qwest) Center in Omaha, Nebraska. Tom & Char put on a great contest every year & I'm sure that this year will be another winner :razz:.

I'll be there from Friday evening on, visiting and judging :clap2:.

This will be my second competition and birthday weekend so really looking forward to it. LaPlatte was a good time and I didn’t do too bad down there so ready to give it another go.

Okay, Okay...Time to let go of the thrill of the GC and move on:wink:..We'll be there.

I'm in. Does anyone know how they do their extra categories? I'm guessing that Anything on a Stick is open on garnish and doesn't have to fit in the box. Also, any idea of what they do for people's choice (served at your site, what meat, etc)?

I'm in. Does anyone know how they do their extra categories? I'm guessing that Anything on a Stick is open on garnish and doesn't have to fit in the box. Also, any idea of what they do for people's choice (served at your site, what meat, etc)?

In the past the extras have to fit in the box and the peoples choice has been served at your site. Maybe Char will get on here and correct me.

In the past the extras have to fit in the box and the peoples choice has been served at your site. Maybe Char will get on here and correct me.

FYI, per Tom:

The two extra categories are open garnish and you have to use the box number somewhere on the entry so we can identify it. Please do not use alcohol in your turn in as these are judged prior to the KCBS turn ins. Judges can not have alcohol before the main turn ins.

We are bringing back St Louis Style pork spare ribs as the People’s Choice meat this year. The public will purchase tickets and go from site to site to sample the teams offering, voting for their favorite. One ticket = one bone.

Always one of our favorites--Tom and Char put on a great show! Looking forward to a great weekend!

Back