Smoked Meatloaf

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Jackie is at a Sisters Reunion near Sacramento Ca. So it was just Sadie our loyal Cockapoo Sadie and me so I made this wonderful Smoked Meatloaf with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a salad of Romaine Newman's own Caesar Dressing

Here it is ready to go into Big Green Egg

Going to roast the garlic with olive for 1-hr. @325*
Loaf's In the Smoker @ 250* with Apple wood for smoke for 40-min.

Took the loaf's out of the pans to cook better with smoke

Pulled @ 140* interior and let rest for 30-min.

This was a wonderful and fine meal. The Meatloaf had just a hint of heat and was very tasty. With the Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Salad

Meatloaf Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/smoked-party-meatloaf-recipe/index.html

Thanks for looking

Ross

Ross that really looks like my kind of meatloaf. (Not the kind I make, but a kind I'd like to make.) Would it be gauche to ask if you have a set recipe?

Nuttin better than some smoked meatlog :thumb:
If u put plastic wrap down in the pan (before u add the meatloaf), then press the meat mixture in, it will flip out easy and be a lot more uniform.

That looks good, it must be some kind of sign from the bbq Gods for me to make meatloaf today. I was going to do it last night, but decided to wait until today, so what is the first thing I see when I go on line? your meatloaf, oh its on. :clap:
Dave

Ross that looks great I have trying to convince my wife to try meatloaf cooked on the grill No success yet

That is one of my girlfriends favorite things on the Akorn.. A lotta days I have to throw a mini meatloaf on with the other meat to cure her craving..

Looks great :clap2:

Last edited:
Nice work! I've yet to get the seasoning in mine right but I made a bacon wrapped version recently that was great - grease a loaf tin and lay strips of bacon in with enough excess to fold around the mix. Add the meat, wrap the excess bacon around and turn out

Cooking your meatloaf right on the grate, no pan, really is the way to go. :thumb:

CD

Back