• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hate Charcoal ash on weber kettle

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Ok guys. Always see really neat imaginative ideas on here. So I have a Weber kettle with the little ash plate underneath that I hate. Anyone come up with something to place and catch the ash rather than the plate?

Ok guys. Always see really neat imaginative ideas on here. So I have a Weber kettle with the little ash plate underneath that I hate. Anyone come up with something to place and catch the ash rather than the plate?

Its called the One Touch Gold. It comes with a bowl that the ash falls into.

2013_04_11_06_01_09_One-Touch_Gold_Blk_22.jpg

You can call weber support and tell them that the ash ring and ash bowl were damaged or stolen off your kettle, and then you can purchase one from them. It is easy to install, I did it for one of my Kettles that started out as a silver but I converted it to a gold.

People also use a metal bucket in place of an tray to catch the ashes.

Not a real original idea, but you can always just buy the entire assembly from [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-22-Performer-Bowl-Assembly/dp/B007IVYPL4/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1370985422&sr=1-1&keywords=weber+ash+catcher+assembly"]Amazon[/ame]. If it is one of the real old kettles, it might take a little bit of modification to get the ring to mount.

Depends.

Is it a One Touch Silver? If it is, aawa has you covered.

If it's an older daisy wheel cooker, maybe set a metal pail on the ash pan.

What these guys said, just find a bucket that fits under there, remember the ash pan you have now has a small room for height adjustment. I also use an old paintbrush to help get all the ash out of the bottom whenever I lift the charcoal grate.

i only have silvers and have no problem with the ash pan. i'm also in a wheelchair so i use just one hand. i can easily get the pan off/out and dump it in a bucket with little to no ash dumped. now if it is windy in yer area then i can understand. and yes, the bucket idea is a good one.

Once when I was in high school my old truck was making some funny noises that annoyed me. My old man told me to turn up the radio. So to bring this into the grilling world, when your kettle ash annoys you, I suggest you drink more beer until you forget you are annoyed.

Once when I was in high school my old truck was making some funny noises that annoyed me. My old man told me to turn up the radio. So to bring this into the grilling world, when your kettle ash annoys you, I suggest you drink more beer until you forget you are annoyed.

I don't wait to be annoyed. :biggrin1:

I use it just to catch the random embers/coal that fall through during long cooking. When I'm ready to clean it out, I close the vents and just use a very large plastic spoon or trowel to scoop it out directly into and office trashcan liner. A pain, but no stray ash falling everywhere. Then again, I will admit that the aluminum pan does look pretty thrashed.

I have my ash plate clipped on with binder clips over the slots. When the kettle is cold, before opening the daisy wheels, I tip the whole kettle over a garbage can and dump the contents. YRMV.

Back