Smokin' in a Snow Storm - Wicken Yanks Style

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Ladies and Germs,

Kind greetings from East Cambridgeshire, and what could possibly pass as the northern midwest these days! My "outlaws" from North-East Indiana are in town, and they laughed at the 2-3 inches of snow that fell last night.

I awoke to a smoker and grill that were completely covered... luckily, I didn't have to really clear out a walkway to get around out back...

Also lucky for me, the view of the Wicken Windmill just never gets old, no matter the weather.
8586139755_b13602f45f.jpg

I sure don't need to smoke a whole brisket, so I cut my 3.5kg piece of goodness down to something like 2.0 and 1.0 (2.0 piece is on the smoker below)...

Thanks to your bad influence, I couldn't help myself when my wife brought THREE tubes of JD HOT Sausage and asked me to make Fatties! I rolled two of them in my Wicken Yanks Original Dry Rub and tried the third in some really nice Green Chile Dry Rub that I picked up in Albuquerque, NM last November.

8586144813_1b02eb9715.jpg

Of course, just as soon as I got the kids in the sauna for an hour or two, the snow and wind kicked up again! I don't have anything fancy... and if you look closely, you can see the far left thermometer display sitting at 165F as I fought the elements getting these kids back up to speed.
8586149917_3e6fdc398a.jpg

The kids did a really nice job in the sauna... and I finally gave-in after 3+ hours of fighting to keep my temps near 200-220.... burned more charcoal than I wanted, and never really kept the pit where I wanted her. I'll sure take your thoughts and words of wisdom (except that I'm not here long enough to make any mods to this old girl)...
8586132327_b5554c3060.jpg

I'm mildly embarrassed to admit that I finished the brisket in the oven... less snow... less wind... she was already around 140F+... more control over the temp. I let her hit 190F and then rested her for a bit.

I sliced her up and then took this picture... no doctoring, spritzing... nothing.. The most juicy brisket I've ever seen (fat content)!
8587236498_6a74098923.jpg

Guys, you've continued to provide me with good words on how to make some seriously tasty grub.

Many thanks and kind regards,
SD

I don't have any problems with your cook. If it tastes good, it's a winner

Adapt and Overcome! Looking good from here....

Back