Newbie wanting to experience HLSR bbq

htrisna

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Hi y'all,
I started being a bbq brethren last year when I finally got my smoker. I've lived in Houston for 23 years yet have never gotten into the Houston Lifestock Show and Rodeo BBQ cookoff and competition.

Seems to be that the tents are reserved to corporate sponsors and teams.

Anyone or team from here is coming down and competing / vending that won't mind a tagalong? I'm willing to help in any way I can to experience the event.

You may have better luck hitting some of the TX bbq forums. I've heard it's a very long waiting list to compete in that comp. A lot of $ too.

Hi y'all,
I started being a bbq brethren last year when I finally got my smoker. I've lived in Houston for 23 years yet have never gotten into the Houston Lifestock Show and Rodeo BBQ cookoff and competition.

Seems to be that the tents are reserved to corporate sponsors and teams.

Anyone or team from here is coming down and competing / vending that won't mind a tagalong? I'm willing to help in any way I can to experience the event.

Define, "never gotten into"?

Almost all tents are reserved for corporate events or corporate sponsors. Many top Texas cooks, cook for someone else because of the cost.

Per the previous suggestion, track down the Texas boards and see if anyone is looking for help.

it's an interesting event. You can experience plenty by walking around but you need to know somebody or know somebody who knows somebody as almost all areas are private.

Back