Offset side <> side temperatures

B

bbpidq

I am sure this is in here somewhere but I can not find anything.

What is an acceptable temperature variation on a cheap side by smoker/grill? Perfect woud be great I know.....

I do not even know what brand/make it is anymore I got it at Wal-Mart for just over $100 and I have had it 11-12 years and still going it has seen so many Ribeyes, Turkeys, Pork Butts, Brats and hundreds of bags of charcoal. I would buy it again new.

It has a 25 degree difference left to right after trying HawgHeaven's baffle mods.

Jerry

If you have it already at a 25 degree difference with a modded inexpensive smoker... you're doing very well.
Just use the difference as a noted advantage.

Its not worth losing sleep...bigger pits have that difference alone from upper and lower levels only because heat rises naturally.

Last edited:
Close flue.
Use a fan and thermostat.
FORCED air circulation other than natural draft will have even temperature distribution.
Smoke will escape from gaps o cover.
But extra cost would be $50

Use the difference to your advantage by strategically placing meat so it cooks more even. Example, place dark meat on poultry towards hot end, place point end of brisket towards the hot end.

My CharGriller Outaw runs the same temp side to side and front to back. I built a Horizon style baffle for it out of the charcoal pan.

For a 100 dollar offset, sounds like its running like a champ. Most pits have a variance. 25 is not bad at all.

Back