New competition proven rib method for the home cook.

Note the disclaimer...

"I’ve entered a handful of BBQ competitions, but I have only won once. I parboiled some St. Louis style ribs, coated them with a brown sugar plaster rub, then BBQed them indirectly. True, the judges were common parishioners with amateur palates who had been drinking beer all day, and maybe I only beat 8 other competitors, but I still won.":tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Type "boiled" into the search box. I had the same issue.

Just do a search on that website for "parboiled bbq pork ribs" including the quotes & you'll find it....

link fixed

editted: Actually that's a different post. I wonder if the original was taken down right away.

If anyone had a BBQ obsession I do believe those ribs would cure that ailment...

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Are you suggesting we should stop trying to shig methods from winning comp cooks?

I am hoping all competition cooks give this a serious try. Especially at any comps I'm at.

But I just figured it was better here in QTalk so that all those not competing could finally enjoy some real competition winning ribs. I know so many other cooks aren't so generous as to give away their winning formula with step by step instructions.

Think of all the foil you would save.

cimg6265.jpg

I am hoping all competition cooks give this a serious try. Especially at any comps I'm at.

But I just figured it was better here in QTalk so that all those not competing could finally enjoy some real competition winning ribs. I know so many other cooks aren't so generous as to give away their winning formula with step by step instructions.

Well, screw getting the Lang then. Johnny Trigg, here I come!!!

Back