Contact Information:
James Sharp
2300 N Cameron St.
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9443
Phone: 717-787-2905
Fax: 717-705-9900
kile@state.pa.us

Along with the main 4 meats.....

No extra entry fees and the meat is supplied free of charge...
Weavers Best bologna....(Friday night)
Bell & Evans Best Legs in Town peoples choice drumsticks...(Saturday)
Bell and Evans Golden Wings contest....(Friday night)
all are anything goes..fuel,garnish, and presentation...

also dessert catagory on Saturday

Is the judging inside with the horses again this year?

nope. I think that already been covered, but if not...

We had to move the judging because of 4"+ of rain the day before we really didnt have much of a choice everyone would have gotten stuck in the mud. We could have just cancelled it I guess?.

This year we have not decreased the payouts ( the trophies etc. are Not included in the $ amount)and are getting a tent for the judges.

Dont forget we also are providing Free ice, showers and meat for the ancillary catagories for those who are competing in them.

Hope to see you there!

We had to move the judging because of 4"+ of rain the day before we really didnt have much of a choice everyone would have gotten stuck in the mud. We could have just cancelled it I guess?.

Understood. Because tents can't be set up on concrete or pavement :boxing:
Sorry, just had to say it. I'll be there :p

Understood. Because tents can't be set up on concrete or pavement :boxing:
Sorry, just had to say it. I'll be there :p

Dan you are 100% correct, the down side to a free standing tent is that to rent one they cost (my understanding) well into the thousands of dollars range and with the prize money set , we didnt have the extra $$'s.. and not every one has them.

nope. I think that already been covered, but if not...

This year we have not decreased the payouts ( the trophies etc. are Not included in the $ amount)and are getting a tent for the judges.

Dont forget we also are providing Free ice, showers and meat for the ancillary catagories for those who are competing in them.

Hope to see you there!
Another outstanding benefit of a well run comp! Thanks Sal!:clap2:

This is our first time at this comp. Can anyone tell me what "Weaver's Best Bologna" is ..what type or what bologna will be supplied. I'd like to get some practice in ahead of time.
FB/SGP

Back