• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chuck Roast, anybody have some tips

T

Tommyc

Doing a chuck in a UDS, first chuck. Does anybody have any tips. Planning on doing it like a do a brisket.

Just give it a good rub and let it go to 195 or so (Some go up to 205) or until it pulls easily. Use a pan for the drippings which can used to mix in after pulling (skimming off fat if wanted). Some folks also like to foil around 165, but I haven't personally tried this. Pulled chuck sammiches are wonnerful!

I did a couple last weekend pretty much as stated in the link above. Took them to ~165, foiled with some broth/apple juice, cooked to 205+. I then wrapped in another layer of foil and let rest for several hours in a cooler.

Im cooking 2 at the time will post pron as soon as my phone e-mails them to me, i gotta get a new camra. I cooked one last week and cooked it to 200 internal temp and it pulled awsome, i injected with a mixture of worsteshire, apple cider viniger, a shot of jack for the injection and a shot for me :-D then i rub with black pepper, garlic, and salt.

I have one in the Egg right now. I'm cooking at at 275 and will go until the probe slides in with little resistance. Probably 200 - 205 degrees for a chuckie.

If you haven't bought the meat yet, get a big roast. I hate the little two and three pounders that the grocery stores around here sell. They can dry out way too easily. I try to get a chuck that is at least 5 lbs. I think today's was 7 lbs, but I don't remember.

no store bought stuff on my end fresh off the farm:thumb: i wish everyone could be so lucky

I did a 20 pound clos awhile back did it just like a brisket turn out good

Back