The Jack 2009

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Congratulations to the GC and everyone that was around ! We were all winners there !:cool:

I´m sitting in a hotel in houston atm, will come up with a huge report when im at home next week.

The Jack was a blast !

We didnt do too well in the main four categories as expected since this was out very first KCBS style competition ever and the Jack might actually not be the best place to start a career like that :oops:

I´m a bit proud of scoring 28th in Pork and 48th in Brisket and we cooked the best ribs we ever cooked (to us) but there must have been somethig wrong with them flavourwise since they scored somewhere in the seventies. We totally screwed up the chicken though, last place... First plan was to do cihcken drumsticks and we changed to thighs in the last second because everyone does those - and without ever seriously practicing those it was bound to happen.
Off course it was totally new to us to arrange the turn ins on parsley beds and im sure we did dozens of wthings wrong that were not even aware of.

Anyway, we made 8th place in BBQ Sauce and 1st place in homeland cooking (wich is run in the same list as chefs choice but only includes the international teams). Actually, our chefs choice/homeland cooking entry scored only 2 tenthousands of a point less than the first place in chefs choice by last years GC "four legs up".

It was nice to finally put some faces to some names.
I know that theres a lot of poeple and brethren that i missed or didnt recognice though. Well, next time !

So long,

DM

It was great meeting you DM! You did awesome for your first KCBS contest.

Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you.

I didn't hear from you before The Jack, so I assume you found a source for your groceries. Hope to see you in Lynchburg next year!

-gf

Nice meeting you DM! Check out my Jack video, quite a bit of footage on you guys!

we came by right as ya were running a turn in. sorry we didn't get to meet you but y'all had a nice set up & looked like everyone was having a good time. congratz on the homeland win.

DM - I also missed the chance to meet you. Congrats on the 1st in Homeland. Maybe you'll post a picture when you get back.

Sorry I missed you as well. There were several folks I did not get to meet due to all the activities and campaigning. :lol: Did that Brethren "meeting" ever actually take place?

Don Marco,
Was really great to meet you and your crew, sure looked like you all were enjoying yourselves. How many different changes of clothes did you all bring? Have a safe trip home.

Scott

Back