Uds forever

macforty

Reaction score
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT THE UDS HAS MADE ME SEE THE LIGHT.MY FRIEND ON MY JOB HAS HAD ONE FOR OVER A YEAR.HE WOULD ALWAYS TELL ME THAT ONCE YOU COOK WITH IT YOU ARE GOING TO BE HOOKED.LOW AND BEHOLD HE WAS RIGHT.HE KEPT SAYING TO ME LET ME BUILD YOU ONE.SO AFTER ABOUT 7 MONTHS OF HIM TRYING TO CONVINCE ME TO SWITCH OVER I FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND I TOLD HIM IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ME ONE GO FOR IT.THREE DAYS LATER HE BROUGHT IT OVER TO THE HOUSE .AFTER A FEW BREIF INSTRUCTIONS I WAS READY TO SOLO.I STARTED OUT WITH 2 FOURTEEN POUND BRISKETS.I USED A WHOLE BAG OF COWBOY LUMP CHARCOAL AND 3 HICKORY WOOD CHUNKS.THE UDS HELD A STEADY TEMP OF 230 DEGREES.THE BRISKETS WERE DONE IN 9 HOURS.I JUST COULD NOT BELEIVE IT. THE BRISKETS WERE MOIST AND TENDER AND BEST OF ALL THE FAMILY LOVED IT.I TOLD MY FRIEND THAT HE WAS RIGHT AND THAT I WILL BE A UDS FAN FOR LIFE.:icon_cool

Congrats. Now dump the Cowboy lump and get some real fuel.

It's great that you have drank the UDS Koolaid, but please stop the yelling. :)

Cool story (Please quit jumping up and down hollering).

You will quickly learn if you talk about smoking a hunk o meat on the board you must provide pictures or it didn't happen.

Wish that I had a friend that would beg me to let him build one for me!

Billy has a new friend? lol

Oh and..

2yjyatf.jpg

LMAO. You guys are great! I hope macforty gets the message about caps! As mentioned above, it's great that you have been enlightened to the UDS macforty, but with no pics, it just may not have happened!

Yes, you will get weird looks while aiming the camera at the meat you just prepared, the meat you just put on the UDS, the meat you just pulled off the UDS, the meat you just sliced, etc.... but you get used to the looks and the comments... My boys automatically get the camera ready when they see the smoker come on... and stand by! LOL.

Congrats on your first UDS experience, but be warned.... It is a gateway cook. You will undoubtedly be addicted!

What 14 lb briskets????
I don't see no 14 lb briskets!!!!!!!
What UDS?????
I don't see no UDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading that post I thought I had just left a ZZ Top concert, can't hear much yet.

Actually Macforty, I am glad to hear we have a new and excited drumhead in the drumcorp. But we just gotta see stuff like this.

Attachments

• DSC00908.jpg
    DSC00908.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 185
Don't let anyone make you feel bad about the caps. A new UDS gives you every right to be excited. However, we're still not sure it happened.

Caps are good I like caps, makes reading the preview much easier, did I mention I like caps.
Daver

Yes the imaginary invisible UDS. I've heard stories and old tales about them but no mortal has ever gotten a photo of one and here we are again with a tall tale of another UDS but no pic. Even a tale of food pron but alas no pic of the invisible food either. Never happened.

I had such high hopes too.
I'm glad I didn't wait around for the pics,
I may have soiled myself.:icon_frow

Weiser

Yes the imaginary invisible UDS. I've heard stories and old tales about them but no mortal has ever gotten a photo of one and here we are again with a tall tale of another UDS but no pic. Even a tale of food pron but alas no pic of the invisible food either. Never happened.

Back