Buckboard Chops

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Okay Buckboard fans check out these beauties. 3/4 pound pork chops, cured with 2 tablespoons of Hi Mountain for 48 hours. Soaked for 6 hours and rested about 6 or 7 hours in the fridge. I smoked them on my BDS at 180* until the internal was 150* ish, which was about 90 minutes.

Happy Trails......

DSC05022AA.jpg

DSC05021AA.jpg

DSC05024AB.jpg

DSC05027AB.jpg

They look perfect. How did they taste?

They were great, the long soak time insured they were not salty, and I was careful to use chips about every 20 minutes, because I didn't want to risk getting them too smoky. I guess I could say they tasted similar to a grilled slice of ham.

thireyed you are making me hungry. great looking chops. how was the taste.:-D:cool:

thireyed you are making me hungry. great looking chops. how was the taste.:-D:cool:

DSC05026C.jpg

I loved them. I usually slice a loin into chops for curing, but these were just real nice ones.​

Great idea, chops look good!!

DSC05026C.jpg

I loved them. I usually slice a loin into chops for curing, but these were just real nice ones.​

man those look good! gonna have to try that one! I normally slice a loin for my chops too although hard to beat a bone-in center cut chop!

Those look great, I have never thought of curing anything other than pork butt for BBB which I finally got down thanks to your "how to" instructions on your site. This is an eye opener, and I am going to look more into curing other meats. Thanks

I think i will try that with some pork steaks. Should work well.
Great looking chops!

That reminds me of a childhood meal my mother use to prepare- smoked pork chops which she purchased from the grocery store. I don't know why I didn't remember this before this post. Now I'm gonna have to breakout my BBB seasoning and try to make my own.

That reminds me of a childhood meal my mother use to prepare- smoked pork chops which she purchased from the grocery store. I don't know why I didn't remember this before this post. Now I'm gonna have to breakout my BBB seasoning and try to make my own.

As a kid we had them in dishes with apples or with cabbage and some root veggies. ..... When I see smoked chops in the butcher case, they want like $7 a pound so there is a lot of value in making your own.

Very nice Wayne!! I think you just gave me another idea to use my cure on!:wink:

Back